Friday, June 03, 2011

Love Letter from Home June 3, 2011


To my love,

I look like a bum. Well maybe a worn out mom at the end of the day, but I didn't take any pictures of the kids today so I have to do. The things I don't want to tell you about are Kael pooping his underwear 3 times today, Eden goobers everywhere from her constant eating, and Kael picking up this brown round ball off the floor during his occupational therapy today, showing everyone while taking it to the trash, and me thinking " Oh crud, I really hope that isn't a poo ball from Eden's diaper", which it really was a piece of captain crunch cereal the purple one extra soggy that came off of Eden's bum as she got out of her high chair.
Yup. Those were the highlights that should be hidden.
Here are the highlights that I like:
Kael waking up and joining me in bed. He laid by me and whispered in my ear. He laid by me until I felt like the weight of the world was lifted just enough to get up. Then he gave me a crushing bear hug, and we laid a little longer. Then the urge to pee got us both out of bed, and an Eden in the other room. We laid snuggling for about 30 minutes and I could just picture you there next to us enjoying the moment. What an amazing thing having our Kael snuggled there being safe and loved. I can't wait to lay in your arms again, safe, snug, and loved.
The best highlight was having the kids at dinner hear me talking to you on the phone. Then, having them have a raspberry blowing contest to see who could be the loudest while I was talking to you. Then, letting them hear your voice and hearing Kael shout, "DAD!", and Eden reaching for the phone saying "Da Da. Da Da". A tear was shed.
I miss you more than I can express. Your children love you. They miss you. They are doing ok though and we are going to make it.
You know how muscles grow. Of course you do you are going to be a doctor. Well they tear a little and then heal and get stronger. Well my heart is a muscle Mr future doctor. It is tearing right now ever so slightly each day. However, I know in the end my heart will be stronger and I will be in your arms. I love and miss you with all of my tearing heart.

Love,
Your wifee who is missing you.

No comments: