Thursday, June 02, 2011

June 2nd A Busy Day







Dear Derek/Dad,

Today we kept REALLY busy. It was a fun day. Eden decided to get up at 6:20 on the dot right as my alarm went off. I turned the alarm off and grabbed her some crackers and water and put her in bed with me. She wiggled and climbed all over me as she ate her crackers. She has been getting up so hungry lately. I'm certain that is why she is up so early, and then she just can't fall back to sleep. Kael woke up at 7 and joined us in bed. He was ready to go so by 7:20 we were having a tickle war and it woke me right up. We were ready and out the door by 9 for Walmart. I need to avoid that store because there are so many things I want to get for the kids and the prices are just to the point that I think on our low budget we can afford it, but when I get to the check out I realize I have a gazillion of those low priced things. I ended up putting back 10 items at the checkout. Be proud of me, it was hard. I already know we spoil our kids too much, but it is really hard not to get them the things they are reaching for, especially when Kael is telling me over and over, "I need this!!!". Oh boy.
It was even harder when I went down a doll aisle looking for cheap toys for Eden to have as a surprise on the airplane... She wanted every doll on the shelf. She kept reaching and going "eh eh eh eh eh", you know what I mean. ;)
Of course shopping took longer than I thought and Eden had a snooze on the way home. You'd think with Salt Lake being on a grid system I could find my way to I80, but it didn't happen. I got all turned around. Once i figured it out I realized what a dill head I had been. (I really hope that's not a bad phrase because I don't know what it means...)
We then went to a play group with the medical student wives. It was a lot of fun and we had yummy food. The kids ate their hot dogs surpisingly well. We didn't get home until almost 2 and Kael and Eden went straight to bed. They were so so tired! Eden got up at almost 4 and I had to wake up Kael at 4. We had a lot of fun outside with friends again, and had a yummy dinner with the Rigby's, Jensen's, and the Ross's. Don't be jealous, but I made banana bread for desert.
As I was cleaning up Kael was being chased down a hill and tripped over his feet and fell face down on the cement. Ouch. He got a good abrasion on his chin and bit both sides of his cheeks on the inside. He cried for a bit and it bled more than I would have liked, but he is a tough kid and got back to playing and running real quick. We have been reading Kael's new scripture book every night and saying prayers before bed. We pray for you every night! We all miss you and love you so much!

Love from home,
Your wife, Kael and Eden

No comments: