Saturday, June 18, 2011

Eden 15 Months

Dearest Eden,
I don't even know where to begin. You are such a joy in our lives. You are my baby, yet somehow you manage to grow more and more into a toddler every day. You are very independent and want things done your way. So, when Mom says no and takes you away from dangerous situations you get so mad and frustrated. You are so quick about getting over it though and are so happy within moments and find joy in something else that it is such a relief for me. I know terrible two's will hit in a year more than likely so I am just loving your amazing, sweet, fun personality. Your new favorite activity is telling Kael off when he does something wrong. I will tell him no no and you wag your finger at him and tell him no no too. It is so hard not to laugh. You are quite the little water lover. I couldn't believe it when you didn't like the water the first day here in Ohio. I was absolutely shocked when the next time you went and you didn't want to get out. You love sticking your face in the water and blowing bubbles. You don't want to sit in a floatie and just float. You want to swim and be a big kid. You try to climb the ladder into the pool every time it is left there and poor Uncle Brian is probably getting sick of having to move it every time you go outside just to keep you safe so you won't get into the pool. You haven't progressed very much with words lately, but I know you understand and I am sure you are trying to say words, I just can't distinguish what they are. It seems like you try to say full on sentences sometimes, but the sounds just aren't quite there yet. You are so smart. You absolutely love dolls and anything girly. You push the baby dolls stroller around constantly and are always trying to climb into the real stroller for a walk any time you see it outside. I am calling you Edenzilla when Kael plays with the Nyberg's trains because you are always getting in his way and walking over the trains and crashing them. It is really funny, but so annoying for poor Kael. You LOVE talking to Dad on the phone. You hold your phone up to your ear and just chat away! I bet you could chat with Dad for hours if I let you. I have no idea what you are saying, but I'm certain you know and it means something to you. You love saying Da Da when you hear his voice on the phone. You still LOVE to eat eat eat. Anytime you are unhappy I put some food in your hand and off you go as happy as can be. You are so mellow and chill. You are still a mama's girl and love to be held any chance you can get, but you just love life. You keep me sane. You are such a joy. I couldn't imagine life without you. I'm so glad you are here keeping Kael and me company while Dad is away. You haven't missed a beat and seem to be holding up ok. I would say the main thing that has changed since Dad has been gone would be that you need to be held more often. You need a bit more one on one attention, but how could you not when there are 3 other kids running around. I'm so proud of you. You needed to be here with our family and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you little lady bug. 
Keep growing into the beautiful person that you are!
Love,
Your mama




No comments: