Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

Hi Love,
You know that phrase from "The Wizard of Oz"? You know... "There's no place like home."
It's true.
However, home just won't be home without you. It is so nice to be back in my own bed. Kael and Eden are sleeping better in their own beds. In their own rooms. Eating in their own chairs.

You know how when you leave your house for a trip and you come home and there is that weird smell that you get a big wuff of when you walk in the door for the first time? No, it isn't a poopy diaper left out to rot for 2 1/2 weeks. It's just that stale ugh smell... Yup, I really liked that smell. It was nice to be home. It's gone now. Probably for the best. I've been working on getting that smell to go away. You know lighting candles and such. I don't miss that smell. I want you to not get that smell. I want you to get a smell of kids freshly bathed, food freshly cooked, and a bed made that smells just right. The smell of life going on and how wonderful it will be to walk into that. To be a part of home. To pick up right where life left off. To just keep going. 

The count down is on. 6 more days. You can make it! I'm so proud of you! We are here and we are waiting patiently. We can make it 6 more days, and I know you can too!
I LOVE YOU!
Love Forever and Always,
Your patient wife today

PS: Headed to my grandpa Heaton's 89th birthday party. I'm excited to see all my extended family. It has been too long, and it should be a fun party.

No comments: