Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 28, 2011

Derek,

It has been hard not being able to talk to you since Sunday morning. It's amazing how something as simple as a text message can get me through the day, or a phone call is even better. I have some great news! I had Kael's final meeting with the school district this morning to see if he qualifies for preschool for his speech.
He didn't qualify!
What?!
I know.
Our little boy is in the normal ranges! He is finally speaking where a 2 year old should be. He is on the very bottom low of the normal, but he is normal. They gave me many things to watch for and if he doesn't improve in certain areas they said to bring him back to test him and see if he needs extra work. I'm just so glad that he is finally caught up. I'm glad that I get to keep him with me a little while longer.

So, back to text messages. I thought I'd post the last couple of messages I wrote to you that you won't get because you are gone away on this weird survival campout.
So, here ya go.

June 26, 2011 (11:06 PM)
"Hi love. I know you won't get this, but it will keep me sane writing to you and pretending you are getting these. I miss you. I worked on primary tonight. I got a great start. I am loving it. I have some ideas for my sharing time. The kids were up late again tonight. Ugh. Eden didn't get up from her nap until 5:30 pm... She was exhausted. She has only been having one nap a day because she sleeps in so late from when we flew home... Kael prayed for you again tonight. It was the only thing he said about 50 times before I helped him. Eden sure loved talking to you on the phone. She is talking a lot now. We miss you. Hang in there. Mwah! Good night love."

June 27, 2011 (2:42 AM)
"Oh man. Our boy cracks me up. Here it is 3 in the morning and he cries out for Mom. As I'm getting him water he comes running out of his room and yells Mom, wet! Potty! He officially hates peeing his diaper, which woke him up I think. So, we go potty. I got him Buzz Lightyear PJs at a garage sale that he wanted to wear tonight. After Kael peed I got him a NEW diaper to which he responds "WOW, all better!". Then, he points to his pjs then grabs my cheeks and says, WOW BUZZ LIGHTYEAR! WOW MOM! and I just laugh and say, yup buzz lightyear. Then, he got his water and went to bed. He went to bed a super happy kid.

June 27, 2011 (9:15 AM)
Our boy poops in the toilet!
How amazing is that?!

June 27, 2011 (11:16 PM)
I'm lonely tonight. I've slept on your side of the bed every night. I feel closer to you that way. I hate not being able to text you. I hate not hearing your voice. I'm sorry I said hate, but I do feel very strongly about this. Be safe. I need you home soon. Kael prayed for you again. He also prayed for his cool airplane. He isn't going to forget. I don't even have to remind the kid. I love you Derek. So much!

I love you Derek! You're amazing!
Love,
Your wife

No comments: