Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Thanksgiving trip

To Utah, To Utah!
Derek had to work all of Thanksgiving and all of the Heaton's were getting together for a HUGE Thanksgiving feast at Shellianne's house. Shellianne made sure me and the kiddos didn't miss this epic trip. So, she paid for us to fly out to Utah. The kids did AMAZING. I'm so proud of them. They handled themselves so great! It was about a 3 hour flight there and they did great. Aunt Shannon met us at the airport and surprised us with Grandma and Grandpa Heaton picking us up in the RV and we got to drive from Las Vegas to Hurricane in the RV! The kids needed the break and it was the best way to drive for sure that last leg of the trip.
My Dad took us 3 girls to lunch the next day. Connor was lucky enough to get to come too. I LOVE this picture of my Dad with Connor. It makes me smile every time I see it. The time I got to spend with my Dad was precious to me. My Dad is a rock star and has been handling his chemo treatments like a beast! I'm proud of him and his fighting spirit.

It was a much needed sisters trip. Shannon, Shellianne and I haven't all 3 been together for that long of a time in well over 10 years. We cooked and cooked and baked and baked. We played. We ate yummy food. We painted nails. We got on each others nerves. 
AND Shannon cut my hair. It had been about 18 months since I last cut it and it was well past time. I'm super impressed and love it. Just wish we had more time for highlights and more playing. 
Here are the before pictures.

 And the after.


The kids absolutely LOVED cousin time. They always had a friend right there to play with and fun was had by all! The girls loved getting their nails painted and Kael LOVED playing pokemon and computer games with his cousins. He finally was allowed to try out minecraft and he is already addicted.


 My only picture of the feast. We made close to 12 pies. There were around 23 adults and 21 kids.
The only people missing from my immediate family were Shannon's husband Dwayne and Derek.
 Poor Connor woke up like this one morning around 6 am.
This picture is of all of my parents family below them minus Derek and Dwayne.
 Grandma and Grandpa with all the grandkids
 Heaton Family 2015
We haven't had a picture like this since before I got married about 11 years ago.
I'm so grateful for the time I was able to spend with my family. We are all adults now and our lives are crazy and go in so many different directions, but I feel like as siblings we have a special bond. I love each of my siblings so much in different ways, yet each make me so happy! I know it sounds cheesy, but I know I was born to goodly parents just like Nephi in the Book of Mormon. I feel truly blessed to call these people family. I know I am loved. We have all made mistakes. We are all VERY different even if all of my brothers are computer nerds... BUT, the love we have for each other is still so strong. Love you all. Thanks for making me who I am today.


When I got home I came home to a LOVELY surprise!
I had lost my 2nd wedding ring. I let Elara play with it during church and then I went to feed Connor and by the time I was done another ward was in our spot for sacrament. Don't worry the second ring was only worth about $10. I still don't like losing rings, I just knew I would which is why I never asked for an expensive ring. I LOVE my new ring! It is so perfect, and it reminds me of my original ring. Derek knows me well! I love coming home to him surprising me with flowers and special things. It's silly, but I do REALLY love flowers! My kids know this because every time we go to costco they tell me we should go buy mommy flowers.

The next day my next surprise came in the mail!
Derek got one in red!!! Hello, doesn't this scream I LOVE YOU SHARICE?! He knows me so well! I am so grateful for Derek and all the support he gives our family. Know one knows me better than he does, and no one puts up with me better than he does. Thanks for the gifts! I'm probably going to wear that thing until its in pieces!

No comments: