Tuesday, January 05, 2016

California Day 4 Disneyland 2nd Day

We didn't take very many pictures the first day because we were running around like crazy just enjoying EVERYTHING. On Tuesday our second day at Disneyland we started on the Disney side and then went over to California Adventure. Poor Kael really struggled not being scared on this trip... It was a struggle for him and for Mom... Mom was so frustrated and Kael was too I think. Lots of tears were shed. Eden tried everything she was allowed to at least once.
Small world was a favorite.


Derek was able to take Eden on Big Thunder Mountain.
Buzz Lightyear over and over and over was always fun.
Dumbo every day!
We did Winnie the Pooh for the first time this year and I believe I rode it for a grand total of 6 times this trip.
Toy Story Mania is a favorite of the kids. They love playing games!

Waiting in line for Dumbo.
 Elara and Mom on Dumbo.

 While the big people and Eden rode Splash Mountain us 3 went on Winnie the Pooh several times. We left Connor with Juli and Ashli this day so we were baby free! Kael wanted to try riding a ride by himself. He felt pretty awesome riding Winnie the Pooh all by himself. He was 7 so he was allowed.

Lunch at the Hungry Bear is a favorite of ours. The kids always love feeding the ducks while we all eat. It has great shade and is a nice break from walking all over the park. We had such a fun big group, it was just awesome being there with so many fun family members.


Eden I think won Andrew's heart as well. They all rode big thunder mountain together.

By the end of the day I was awaiting news of my Dad's CT scan. Things were not going well. I had finally put it out of my mind and put my phone away for the Aladdin play. When we walked out of the play is a moment that I think will be engraved in my mind forever. Derek took me away and told me there was a mass on my Dad's pancreas. I can still see in my mind, walking the kids to the sidewalk and looking for the stroller and then walking with Derek. I was grateful to be away and busy with other family as a distraction as there wasn't a whole lot I could do at the time. It was a pretty emotional trip after that. I'm just grateful I was around family even if they don't know my Dad, they all knew me and were a blessing to have given me such great comfort during a difficult time.

 Kael refused to try Cars Radiator Racers. So, Derek, Grammy, and Eden all went and had a BLAST!

 I have a love hate relationship with roller coasters. I LOVE them, but I HATE them! So, I compromise and scream the whole time.
Derek and I went on California Screamin twice and I got better at my picture skills. Who doesn't just love a ridiculous roller coaster picture?

 Derek went with his Mom on space mountain. The kids need a few more years we think.
Andrew and Eden taking selfies...
And really this is what it's like taking kids to Disneyland... Goofing around all day having a blast!

No comments: