Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Elara is 3!

Since we didn't celebrate Elara's birthday before we left for California we decided to celebrate all weekend the next weekend. Derek had to work on and off so when he was off we partied. On Friday, Derek and I took Elara to her open gym while the big kids were at school. She had so much time flipping around and jumping.
She requested an M&M cake, so I got to work. It was one of my easiest cakes ever.



Derek worked Friday night and slept Saturday morning. While he slept I was able to take the kids swimming for part of Elara's all weekend partying. She loved being able to go swimming in October. It was chili but so worth it for our last swim of 2015.
Her face! She is getting so big! I LOVE THIS GIRL!




The 3 hooligans had fun showering after their swim.
We went out to eat after Derek woke up and I think she was happy with turning 3.




 Elara is so easy to please. She tells you EXACTLY what she wants and in reality she is happy with whatever she gets. She had been wanting a doc mcstuffins doctor bag for quite some time, and she is so happy to have her own finally!


Dearest Elara,

You have grown into quite the little girl! You are so smart, and silly, and special! You have a happy and silly personality. You care deeply about those you love. You tell me so every day. Sometimes you will come up to me and say, "Mom, I love you so much, I will keep you in my heart always!". And you do. You know when I need a hug, or to plant a big wet kiss on my cheek. You learn so much from your big brother and sister. You can count to 20. One day you just spouted out the ABC song. You already try adding one plus one. You memorized the 1st article of faith and just decided to tell it to us one day. You love to spell Elara out loud for us and ask us how to spell any word you can think of. You are beautiful! You are kind. You love your friends. You love your brothers and your sister. You wait all day long for Eden to come home from school so you can play together. You love watching Dora. You love animals and looking for bugs. You bring new bugs in the house all the time. You have tried to catch lizards with Kael. We have had a cricket infestation and you catch crickets all the time! You love jumping on the trampoline with the big kids. You care deeply about people. 
You have the biggest heart. You are potty trained except at night and California threw that off. You can't wait to learn how to swim next summer. You constantly ask when it will be your turn to go to school. You are patient and kind while waiting for all the big kids "stuff". 
You are a joy to be around everyday, even if you do leave a mess of toys as a trail behind you. It makes me smile when I see it because I know you have been playing and imagining some other world. We love you Elara! Everyone of your family loves you!
Remember that.

Love Always,
Mom and Dad

No comments: