Tuesday, January 05, 2016

California Day 5 - Beach Day or Everyone almost drowns in the ocean day

I LOVE going to the beaches Derek went to as a little kid. This was our first time going with Derek's Mom to the beaches she grew up going to. The car ride to Disneyland and the beach we got to hear the best stories of Derek's Mom's family. The beach didn't disappoint this time. It was cold and there was plenty of sand to be had. The waves were ginormous! Derek and Andrew went out right away thinking they would boogie board and then help the kids. Well the waves were insane! They looked perfect, but then they would break so close to the shore that it would literally pound them into the ground. It got pretty scary for a bit. They had run out there with the kids on them and the waves got over their heads and they were just hanging on to the kids for dear life, and we had to run them back to the beach. Looking back it's pretty funny, but honestly it was just a wee scary seeing it all happen and even getting pulled in myself.
The kids had a blast and built sand castles and ran around collecting things. I think I'll go to a beach every year for the rest of my life. I hate the sand, but I still love everything about it. Seeing the ocean forever is just amazing, calming, and peaceful in some way to me. I just love correlating it with God and one of His awesome creations.



 Kelly had the right idea, stay by the tent and away from the big waves. It was such a nice set up! I was able to sit back and feed Connor on the beach and keep him in the shade without worrying at all. And this time the birds didn't get our lunch. We ate costco pizza while we were there which was so yummy!
Kelly had to fly back to Utah that afternoon and it was sad. To overcome our saddness we ate amazing Mexican food! I think this restaurant is now going to be like Tommy's for us, a must eat every California trip. Great food, great company.


No comments: