Thursday, July 10, 2014

DAY 2: THE BEACH

Beach day did not disappoint! If I could express my love of the beach in words it would be a miracle. This day brought me so much joy! The kids had a blast. Derek and I had a blast. Seeing the kids have a blast made my heart so happy! The weather was great! The water was cold. The critters were plenty! 

We packed sandwiches and cheese sticks and a fun lunch and stashed it in a plastic bag. We soon learned our lesson. Derek and Kael went to find crabs and other sea creatures and Eden and I were putting our feet in the water for about 2 minutes when we looked at our blanket and there were seagulls stealing our lunch! They stole all 6 sandwiches and two cheese sticks still in the plastic and all.

Eden was so mad. She kept screaming and chasing the birds after that. At first she yelled, "No no duckies!!!" Then, it very quickly turned to, "no no birdies!"

This was my first time boogie boarding and it was so much fun! The kids were a little afraid at first, but after seeing Mom go they soon joined in and had a great time and didn't want to leave. I'm hoping that the gulf will have enough waves to go boogie boarding! 

This day made me so happy!


































 Because sometimes you just have to pee in the ocean...










Best way to end a beach day?
TOMMY'S
Nothing says, "I just got wore out at the beach" better than a Tommy's chili burger and chili fries. 
Can the pacific coast and Tommy's just come to Texas please!


It was a FABULOUS day.

No comments: