Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Letter to San Antonio #7

Hey Babe,

Wow. I realized something today. If I ever die, feel free to get find some amazing woman and marry her and have some help raising our kids. It's hard work being alone and I never want you to have to do this by yourself! Don't get me wrong, I'll be seriously jealous and all sitting up there waiting for you, and I'm not saying I'm not handling you being gone poorly... I'm just saying, I'd be ok with it finally. ;) This all just sounds weird and wrong. Oh well.

So, Kael's school is doing a fundraiser. I am NOT looking forward to asking for sponsors. I hated doing this as a kid and I hate doing it now. I feel like a beggar. Please give me some money. Oh please. I just feel weird doing it.

Eden has been having a super rough time with you gone. She is SOOO emotional. It's weird, but understandable. The kids have their ups and downs.

I'm trying hard to be a good Mom, but it feels like I'm not. I feel burned out. I feel like I have no patience. BUT, overall, I really do feel like we are doing ok. That we are handling this well. Mostly, I think I'm just tired and I think my nap today helped a little.

I'm so excited to show you pictures from our trip to Hurricane and Peach Days. I can sum it up real fast. It was so fun to go see my parents. It was chaotic trying to get out of the house Friday morning. I didn't sleep much the night before and got up early. Then, Eden hid my house keys on her bed which I didn't find until we got home, and I couldn't find her church shoes (I already packed them, oops). Had to get crickets for Igor, he ate them as soon as I dumped them in his cage. Finally got on the road but our schedule was off. Kids did ok, but I was so tired. I think I pulled over 4 times at different times before I made the 4 hour drive and turned it into 6... It was a long drive. The next day we went to the Peach Days Parade. The kids LOVED it. Then, we went home so my parents could nap. Went back to Peach Days and had lunch, yummy navajo tacos. Eden then took off to the rides and we lost her for a good 5 minutes. Right as I was going to announce she was missing she dances back from the rides... I looked there and couldn't find her before. She screamed for a good 10 minutes when she found out how scared I was. Then, the kids did rides and did bounce house and slides. Turns out they had water and the kids got soaked. They had a super fun time. Glad we put on sun block! The kids did a blow up bubble thing and ran around in it on the water. Favorite part of the weekend for sure! Then, we went home and had dinner and waited for fireworks... We drove a little late and saw them from the car. The next day we played around the house and went to church. The next morning we cleaned and headed home. Thankfully we didn't stop a lot this time and made it in about 5 hours, stupid traffic.

It was a fun trip. I'm so glad we got to go! The kids loved seeing you on my parents TV and keep asking to see you on our TV. I think they would love that with how big our TV is. I really love and miss you.

You are so amazing. I'm proud of you. Keep doing what you are doing. You have got this!

Love you,
Your best friend

 Waiting for the Peach Days Parade to start. I told them to hold their bags up and smile. I ment, show me your name on your bag and smile... Whatever.
 Then, they just thought it was funny.
 Eden is a candy horder! She wouldn't let anyone else grab candy because she snatched it up so fast. Those paper bags became full to the TOP!
 Eden so proud of herself. :)
 Elara is thinking, Oh Mom the sun is in my eyes, but this is fun.
 They had about 7 different camaros. Kael thought seeing bumblebee was AMAZING! He kept saying, "Mom is that really bumblebee?! Can he transform?!" No, Kael it's just a car. It won't transform..."
 Eden's loot. Kael's was just as full. Ok. A little less.
 Elara getting caught... The kid was being too quiet. Don't mind the crazy bed head hair...
 It's a good thing our toilet paper is not on a roller at our apartment... She LOVED this. She didn't stop until the whole roll was unwound. We had to start shutting the bathroom doors... It sure made us laugh pretty good.
 I forgot Elara's hat in the bag of clothes. I thought I didn't have it, but baby doll dress up clothes came to the rescue! Our adorable little pioneer child and a hot Eden... haha
 Grandpa and Grandma spaced out.
 Kael can't help it. When he hears music, he has to dance!
 The train ride. Kael loved it! Eden did too, but she didn't make as big a deal as Kael.

 Eden still wasn't making any facial expressions on this ride. I could not figure out if she was sick or if she liked it, or hated it. Finally one round through she was spinning the wheel. Turns out, she liked all the rides, but it was like not a big deal for her for some reason. Hahaha

 Kael on the space ships. He can't resist. He was so disappointed they didn't go in the air like at Disneyland. Somehow he still enjoyed the ride.
 The kids LOVED the slides. This thing had water on it and they were SOAKED!

 Good old H town. It was just super fun to be back here.
 Waiting in the hour long line for the bubbles and they finally reached the front! 100% worth the wait!!!
 Eden got to go first. The blower was loud.


 Then, it was Kael's turn!


 They seriously had a blast! It was too funny! I'll post the video on here too.

Kael and Eden out there together.
 Eden's breakfast one morning. Exactly how she asked for it. I had to do it just right. She ate about 75% of it too!
 Elara has started pointing at me when I see her. I must point at her a lot because she does it all the time now. Seriously one of the funniest things!
 I should mention she climbed in the doll crib all by herself and was pretty proud of herself.
 Eara's favorite way to relax and feel better.
 A picture to show my Mom is alive and well! She is still really weak and slow, but the pain is less and less. She showed me the incision. It got infected we are pretty sure, but the doctor put her on antibiotics and it is slowly getting better. Overall, the pain from her hip is all but gone! This is great. She will still be the same as before (stupid post polio), just no more pain for her hopefully! Surgery, success. Recovery, slower than imagined, but when is it not? She was so mad when I snuck this photo. haha

Fun fun trip.

No comments: