Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Letter to San Antonio #10


So, seriously this is hard to stay positive. I have been trying so hard, but today kinda kicked my butt and I'm not gonna lie, I cried a bit. I blame Kael for loving me too darn much.

He has been so great going to and from school and says that he loves it. This morning we get out the door and I take him to the bus stop in my pajamas of course because I was trying so hard to get Eden ready for her first day of preschool and as the bus pulls up he says, "Mom, I'm going to miss you soooo much!" I said, great bud, I'm gonna miss you too. I walked him to the line of kids and he said, "Mom, I don't want to go, I'm going to miss you!" Panic entered in here. I stayed with him until all the kids were on the bus and he absolutely refused to get on the bus. Crying, hysterics now entered. My mind is thinking well crap what in the heck am I going to do?! He has NEVER been afraid of anything, and never refused something like this. I kept asking what was wrong and the only thing he would say was that he was going to miss me so much. Well, heck, how do you not just love that?! He is going to miss me.

The bus driver got off the bus and was sooooo patient with him. Tried to get him excited. Nothing. Tried having Katie Roller have him sit by her. Nothing would work. Finally a dragged him kicking and screaming on the bus and said, "I'll pick you up later, Love you!" And left the poor boy crying on the bus.

I didn't know what else to do?! I had to get Eden to preschool. Worst moment ever. All of a sudden everyone "because everyone wanted to help" said he would be fine, call the school, and all kinds of encouraging words and feeling sad for us. I started just bawling. Yes, bawling. I was fine then BAM! Flood gates opened.

I hated seeing him not want to go to school. I hated that he misses me and I'm not there. I hate that you are gone and couldn't help him or me with this minor detail. I hate that I'm hating this! I'm suppose to be fine! I'm not... BUT, that is ok. These moments happen, and we get through them. Life is suppose to be hard and this too shall pass. You will be home before we know it, and while yes, it is hard, it is also OK to cry sometimes. And today, I did.

In other news...

Eden was super shy at first for kindergarten. Kael's hysterics threw off my groove, but we made it to preschool. Finally about the last set of pictures Eden started getting excited for school. It only took about 5-10- minutes and she was ready. When she came home and I asked her about school she told me! She left nothing out. She didn't say she couldn't remember. She REMEMBERED. haha She talked about bodies, and had a snack, played outside with her new friends, and sang songs! She LOVES preschool! I'm so excited for her.

Kael did great at school too! He actually went up on the behavior chart and got a prize. He picked out an elephant eraser. I had called his teacher to forewarn her and another Mom even stopped by to check on him. We are loved and people are watching out for us. We are blessed. I asked Mrs. Kinneberg what Kael said when she talked to him and all he told her was that he just missed his Mom. Then, he just got over it. Thank goodness. But, melts his Mama's heart.

Today, Nickie and I finished Yurtle the Turtle, the cake. It was a fun project and once again after completing another cake I tell myself I never want to do a fondant cake again because it is sooooo much work, but knowing me, I probably will do another one sometime. I really do love it. I just wish it didn't take so long. Esther brought us dinner. Scones. The kids loved loved them. It was funny how much. Baths, homework, teeth and bed. It's been a busy day, but I need busy days or I just miss you terribly. Thanks for the fun pictures you send me. Make me just want to sit and talk to you all night long about nothing. Just talk.

I love you Derek. I miss you. You are my best friend and my heart hurts when I don't have my best friend right here. Am I sappy yet? I LOVE YOU!

See you in about 10 days.

Love,
Sharice
Your lonely wife

PS: Pictures from the last week.
 Lexi and Kael after we hiked up the big hill for walk your kids to school day. We defeated the hill!
Elara enjoying the walk. "Why are we stopped mom?"
 Kael found a leaf bug on Saturday morning. He pulled out the net you bought him and Kelsey Drake who was watching him helped him to get it. You need to get back quick and catch some flying bugs with him. He takes that net out almost every day looking for a bug to catch.

 The Trading Table for dinner with the Bailey's. It was super fun!
Rain, battery problems, and ice cream for the kids. 
Love a good time. :)
Kael and Miller
 Elara loved the french fries. She ate as much as the big kids!
 They wanted to pull silly faces and pull silly faces they did.
How to keep 3 kids somewhat quiet while waiting for food. Go ahead, dip your fingers, why not?! :)

 Oh my, the faces that were pulled trying to get a decent picture...
Kael off to kindergarten again and Eden's first day of Preschool.
 What do you think about her future career Derek?
I think she has it set!
She is going to preschool to learn how a princess smiles when asked to get her picture taken? Right? Right?!
hahahahaha

 Taking off shoes.
 Embarrassed, but hugging Mom anyway, and a little bit shy at first.
 Feeling braver!
 And bouncing off the walls!
 Product of baking cake for 2 days in a row. :) Kael is getting pretty good at picture taking.
Yurtle the turtle cake. He's eating a carrot. Yum yum.
 Left side, strong side!
 Right side.
 Matching pinata I made.
DONE! BAM! 
That's how you bake a turtle cake, VILLAGE STYLE.
I guess you have to watch Cake Boss to get the quote...
Kael's pictures of Eden singing in the stairwell. Someone touched the lens. Oh well, just glad I could clean it.
And that was our week!!!
Forgot to add that on Saturday morning we did the busy bag swap. Another project that took a lot of hours. I'm so glad for all these projects that have kept me busy! Next project, Eden's preschool class for next week that I am in charge of. I'm getting excited!

Village friends:
Top left: Stephanie Richard, Brittany Roller, Nickie Bradbury, Ashlie Brewer, Rachel Naylor, Esther Rigby, Ines Fowers, Tricia Oborn.
Bottom Left: Clarice Sagebin, Annie Lambert, Kylee Bartholomew, Carlee Griffiths, ME, Holly Martineau, Hulkaroy Kyumova.

I love all these ladies so much and all the other ones that live in our court! We have such great friends here!


No comments: