Thursday, February 07, 2013

New Year, New Resolutions

Last years goals:
2012
Turn 27 (check)
Get pregnant (check)
Potty train Eden (check)
Exercise in a routine schedule and enjoy it (eh, kind of, not really)
Eat healthy (Primal) (2 months out of 12...)
 Have a natural labor (Might happen in 2013, but I can dream right?) (Not check.)
Read my scriptures daily (Blah, I'm terrible...)
Pray daily (Blah, I'm terrible...)
Read fun books (Check, finished Wheel of Time series, all 13 books)
See all the crazy awesome movies coming out in the summer and enjoy it (CHECK)
Strengthen my relationship with my kids and hubster (Check)
Deep clean my apartment at least once (Check)
Learn a new talent (I taught Gospel Doctrine, I'm saying check!)
Play my cello again (Not check.. Boo.)
laugh A LOT (Check for about 50%)
enjoy being where I'm at (Check!)
Go to DISNEYLAND (Check!)
Get a new cell phone (Um, I think I did, but I can't remember)
Love on my family some more (CHECK!)
Be more grateful (CHECK!)

 I honestly think that having Elara as a C-section helped me to accomplish a lot of the goals. Weird, but yes. I exercised better, tried to eat healthier because I was pregnant most of the year, I didn't get my natural labor, but I did do something hard by having a C-section. I did read and pray, just not like I hoped. My relationships with friends and family are definitely stronger because of Elara. And I am definitely grateful for modern medicine, my family, all the service I received. I'm grateful for trials because they make us stronger, so I'm glad I had these goals, and fun activities.

 This year (I know it's Feb. but who cares, I'm trying to improve my life and if I fail I'll try again the next year because that's why we are here) here are my goals:
2013
Turn 28
Play my cello (March 10th)
Teach my children education, spiritual, and physical things.
Go to Disneyland again, because I love it!
Deep clean my apartment at least once again. :)
Do more service for those around me.
Tell more people about my religious beliefs.
Do something I feel is hard. (Not another c-section, I hope I learned enough from that!)
Read 4 different fun books series.
Eat Healthy!
Get my body fit, so I can play with my kids and enjoy it not feel like passing out.
Read more with my kids.
Become more calm.
Laugh more.
Go on 12 dates with my hubby this year.
Save a little money. (This year is gonna be expensive with interviews coming at the end of the year, but a good goal!)
Fulfill my Salt Lake City bucket list! It's awesome I think I'll post that next!

That seems like a good start for the year. To a NEW YEAR and trying to improve my life!

No comments: