Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Holidays and Schools


I think I will start this by posting my random venting to the world on facebook. 

"Vent: Schools, shame on you for not celebrating holidays and allowing people to celebrate. Why can't we respect differences and learn from them, how each person is unique and has different beliefs. In my opinion we need lots of reasons to celebrate life on this crazy earth, and by goodness sake I am bringing Valentine treats anyway next week! If the people wish to throw them away then so be it, but at least let me and my child express our gratitude for knowing good people! Done."

So, Kael's preschool which is a regular elementary school, has a policy of not celebrating holidays. I think this is terrible! Whatever happened to teaching all the kids about different beliefs and helping to better understand how each person is unique and different and to appreciate people for who they are?! Or, maybe just giving a kids a break at school and having something fun to look forward to?. I really believe that holidays are important and I feel like this is a better way to give children an understanding of the differences of people rather than throwing "The Prince and the Prince" at such young children. Religious differences, traditions, and different holiday beliefs are so great for kids to learn about. If certain states claim to want and can teach my children about sexual preferences, then crap I'm bringing Valentine's for my kids class and throwing in the towel.

Yes, I am a little frustrated.

The teacher told me no Valentine's after Kael and I made these awesome robots. So, since he has a summer birthday we decided to celebrate that and brought them early. The very next day the teacher said the principle gave her permission to do Valentine's for the class...

asdfjkl;

So, thank goodness I had other Valentine's already made up. They were cute super hero suckers that said, "I hope you have a SUPER Valentines Day. 

For Eden we made a bunch of butterflies and put nerds candy on it and said, "Don't be a NERD, be my Valentine".

We didn't let school get us down and we had an AWESOME week of Valentine's. Lots of sugar to boot!

There. Vent REALLY Done.

1 comment:

Nate and Sum said...

Cute valentines. You are such a fun mom!