Monday, February 25, 2013

Elara's 5 months

My baby is 5 months!!! Where did the time go?! Seriously?...
I can't believe she is getting so big. Elara is such a joy in our lives. She definitely has her hard moments, but just who she is makes every moment worth it. Kael and Eden have this love I have never seen from them before that is reserved just for her. Elara is a lot like Kael was as a baby. She spits up a lot and she smiles a lot. She just has a genuinely happy personality. She loves life so far. She has been sleeping really well this last month. She had a couple of stretches of going back to waking up every 3 hours at night, but I'm pretty for certain it was a growth spurt or just her being off. She is back to getting a 7 to 8 hour stretch at night. She isn't on any sort of straight schedule. She takes 3 naps a day. For the most part she eats, plays, naps, then wakes up and does it all again. She loves playing in the walker. Life saver really. She loves being where the people are and never likes to be left alone ever. She rolls from front to back easily now, and can do back to front, but only does it occasionally. She can sit up with help. She likes the bumbo. She loves anyone willing to sit and talk to her or play with her. She gets tired at night and gets grumpy, but if Derek is holding her she does ok until the kids get to bed. She has eczema, but I think I finally got it under control. I was bathing her with Johnson and Johnson bath soap, which is what I think the problem was. I switched to aveeno baby wash and since then she's been fine.  I use cerave lotion after her baths. She now enjoys her baths. She doesn't love them, but it is pleasant for her now. Her hair seems to be lighter than Eden's was, but darker than Kael's was. Who knows how it will turn out? No, really who knows? :)
She still fits 3-6 months clothes, but I pulled out the 6-9 month, some fit, some don't. Glad to have them out though.
She has the prettiest blue eyes, just like Eden's, but a slightly different blue.
Her laugh is contagious. 
She has been eating solids for a week now. She has only tried sweet potatoes. I totally skipped the rice cereal and am so glad I did! She just inhaled the food the first time I offered it to her. She didn't need any teaching of how to eat with a spoon. Granted it was a small quantity, but man she must have been hungry because she has picked up on it fast. It has made her spit up a lot more now though and it is bright orange and is staining everything orange, but at least her tummy is now full. I only feed it to her once or twice a day. It really depends on how busy I get. I'm just so proud of her. She is doing so well and I couldn't ask for a better #3 baby. Seriously LOVE this girl. She is the perfect addition to our family! Eden loves being the big sister and Kael loves having two sisters to love and cherish! And love and cherish his sisters he does. Until he chases Eden around the house roaring and pestering her, but man these kids are so fun together.

I overheard in the car today.
Eden: "Kael, your my best friend!"
Kael: "Eden, your my best friend too!"
Eden: "And Elara is my best friend too!"
Kael: "Ya, she is my best friend too!"

My heart literally melted! These kiddos are my best friends!
Thank you for adding so much love to our family Elara!
We all love you soooo much!

Not the first pictures I would have chosen for her 5 month photo, but it shows how much her brother and sister love her, and I haven't taken a recent good picture of her. Woops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the sweetest family! I did a quick catch up and you guys look great. Love you all!