Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eggstra Eggstra Hear All About It

We dyed our Easter eggs on Wednesday while Derek was at school. It was raining, and I was feeling couped up, so we had a party. I had the Tinkerbell movie playing while I boiled the eggs and got the dye ready. I thought I would be the only person to enjoy dying the eggs, but Eden and Kael had a blast! Kael put the eggs in the dye and then went and watched his show while they sat for a while, then he came and picked them out to dry. Then, dumped more in the dye. Repeat. He LOVED it. Eden was a little jealous because I wouldn't let her do that part. Then, when they were dry I got out some stickers and let both kids put stickers all over the eggs and box. They had a blast. I had Eden on my lap and she wanted to grab the eggs so bad! She snatched one as I was helping Kael for just a half a second and of course that was the one egg I had crack. This will definately be a yearly tradition until the kids outgrow it. I loved doing this with them and it was fun that Kael was old enough to help too!
How an egg becomes an Easter egg






Kael was being so cheasy. It took about 20 shots of Kael say cheese and look at mom to get one shot. Somedays he is just a nut. He couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes!

No comments: