Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Projects Post

June and early July gave me an opportunity to try out some do it yourself projects. It was fun, but by August I was done and needed a break. BUT, it kept us buys over the summer and helped make the house look awesome!

 The girls chest of drawers. Before an after. While I actually liked the before look, I really wanted the drawers for the girls room, so it needed PINK. We kept the bronze handles with it and it looks awesome. $3 cheap paint from Lowes and $25 Village hand me down.
Sometimes, just sometimes I impress myself.
Kael's new bed. We got a hand me down mattress from friends in the village and after a day at IKEA in Salt Lake we got the idea for this bed. More play room in his bedroom and he absolutely LOVED helping Derek build it and Mom paint it. If only the dog could get up there to sleep with him.
I have to say having the kids finally grow out of toddler beds is kind of a big life changing event here... It's weird, but they really needed bigger beds. The boy is HUGE!
End tables. We have these 2 end tables and we have darker wood in our house, so my project was to sand these babies down and stain them. I HATE STAINING after this project. It is SO messy. However, the end results were amazing and brought 20 more years to these babies!
 Before
During sanding

 We finally got Derek's degrees hung up. :)
More staining... We also have these two other end tables that needed some life. I sanded and stained them as well. However, the finished product was worth it in the end!
The house coming together! We purchased a curio off of craigslist and put it where the blue rocking chair is and moved the mirror and pictures around, but the rest is pretty much the same if you were to come VISIT us today.



It has been so fun having a garage to do projects in and a home to decorate. Not that decorating cinder block walls wasn't an adventure, we just ran out of space (literally)... We love the home we are renting and are just trying really hard to just enjoy life right now.



No comments: