Thursday, August 28, 2014

Swim Lessons 2014

 I signed Kael and Eden up for swim lessons for the last two weeks of July. It was perfect timing and the kids had a great time. Elara got used to watching on the side lines. The pool was 5 feet deep everywhere and was meant for lap swimming. The kids couldn't touch the bottom and had to hold the side the whole time. The first day went well for Eden, but I put Kael in the older class and probably shouldn't have. They really pushed the kids and Kael ended up sinking on his swim back to the edge while freestyle swimming and it really was bad for him. He got so scared of swimming and didn't want to do swim lessons, so I put him in Eden's class and he did great. It took him the first week to get back to the level he started at, but by the end both kids could swim a good 5 to 10 feet. They both still need to be able to touch, but I'm impressed with how well they both are doing! It makes me feel so much better and safer giving them this knowledge.

They love the water so much and I'm glad overcame his fears again. They are tough kids and had a fun time. I really think the instructors did a good job balancing the fun with this is important to learn and really pushing the kids. I felt like they pushed the kids to do more than they thought the could, which was actually kind of inspiring to watch. I can't wait for next years lessons to see how far they go. Our community pool is open until mid October so we will keep swimming on the weekends. The kids just need to practice their back strokes now and they both can move up a level.




No comments: