Saturday, August 16, 2014

The not so fun end of June beginning of July

Elara of course was the first to get sick, the next day it was Eden. Poor girls were SOOO sick. Elara threw up about every 30 minutes to hour for about 3-4 days and poor Eden went 5 days ranging from 5 minutes for an hour or so to the longest stretch an hour. We were thiiiiiiiis (me pinching my fingers together) close to the emergency room with the girl even though we didn't have insurance set up yet and medicaid from Utah wouldn't work. She was so bad, I mean she looked like death. Luck would have it from me being sick in May I had some left over zofran. shhhh The girl learned to swollow a pill and did amazing I must say. If it wasn't for the zofran I'm certain she would have been hooked up to an IV. We gave it to her twice. On the last two really bad nights were she was starting to dry heave every 5 minutes and had diarrhea even though she had nothing left in her. She is one of the toughest kids I have ever known! You think puking is hard and she would walk right up to the toilet and do it herself until she had no strength left and couldn't lift her head. Then, she grabbed her own bowl... The kid is SO TOUGH! Elara included. 
Then, a day before Aunt Shelly and cousins were to visit poor Kael got sick. Random enough it only lasted a day for him, but it lost us our visit with Aunt Shelly... It was a sad day. Poor Derek got sick too and had to start his first week of residency on zofran to stay alive...
Needless to say it was a very difficult way to start residency and we learned how tough our kids and Derek are. Heavenly Father was looking out for us though because through it all I didn't throw up once. I must have super human genes or something. Yes, that must be it.




No comments: