Sunday, August 25, 2013

Letters to San Antonio #1 August 25, 2013 Sunday

Dear Derek,

I may not be a real writer, but I think it makes me feel a little closer to you to write you a letter when you are away like this for an extended time. I miss you already. You've been gone a grand total of 12 hours. I know. I'm pathetic.

Today was a good day despite you having to leave. The kids and I went to church. Not gonna lie. It was lonely without you. There is just something about having your best friend whisper inside jokes in your ear that makes church a little extra spiritual with those whisperings. Elara didn't nap for more than 40 minutes total today. The poor girl. She was a trooper. She fought the good fight. She actually didn't act terrible like I thought she would and she went to bed great. Actually all 3 kids went right to bed. I could have used a good fight getting them to bed just to keep my mind off things, but no, tonight they all decided to be tired and sleep.

You prayed that we'd be taken care of while you are gone. Guess what? We have been. We are so blessed. We have such wonderful friends and neighbors who are pooring their love already. Dinner is lined up tomorrow for us and also for Friday night. I have someone watching all 3 kids tomorrow night. I have a baby sitter for the girls for the first 3 mornings of Kael going to school so I can follow him just to give me a piece of mind. I have friends helping me with projects and countless offers to help watch the kids lined up whenever I need it. I feel so loved. So blessed. I haven't really cried in a while, but let me tell you with you leaving you know I shed a tear or two, OK a lot, but tonight I am crying so many tears of gratitude. I don't have to be here alone. I have lots and lots of help and you know what?! Tonight, I don't just think I can do this, tonight I know I can do this. These wonderful people are here for me and I'm grateful.

In other news, your baby, sweet, princess, angel girl is officially 11 months old, TODAY. I caught these beauties on camera the other day. Thought you might enjoy them.

Dad, I found your diet coke when Mom left the fridge door open... Guess what, I didn't grab a 7up, rootbeer, or anything else, I went straight for the diet coke. Dad, I am your daughter!

Oh no! Mom caught me! I hope she doesn't take it away!

Better try to drink it while I can.

Oh Dad, we woke up from our nap too early!





Dad, my tummy still hurts and I miss you.

The End.

We love and miss you. This month will be long, but good. We can do hard things. Till tomorrow my love in San Antonio!

Love Always,
Your wife

No comments: