Monday, August 26, 2013

Letter to San Antonio #2

Dear Love,

I had a crazy busy day today.So much to do in so little time. I LOVE being busy while you are gone. As much as I am constantly thinking about you, it helps to keep missing you from the forefront of my mind. It's always there though.

Today, we were up at 6:30ish. Kael and Eden both came into bed with me last night. Then, I went to feed Elara and when I came back in there was not a spot for me on our queen size bed anywhere. I about freaked out. It was hard enough sleeping without you, but it just got to be too much and I was tired, so I shipped the kids back to their beds. Eden did fine, but Kael wigged out completely and told me he was going to call Dad and tell him that I made him sleep in his bed... Go ahead buddy, go ahead...

Then, While feeding Elara at 6:30ish Eden comes in to the bedroom wanting me to turn on her show and NOT Kael and demanded I come instantly. When I said I will come after I'm done feeding Elara she threw herself on the floor and had a kicking and screaming fit. It was awesome. Needless to say we all sat down and had a talk after everyone calmed down. The day went much better after that. I got a lot of projects done for Eden's joy school. Then, around 11 I got a call saying Kael's glasses were in, so we finished getting dressed (I know it was 11 by then), and headed to pick up the glasses. He was so calm and cool and just loved it. Kael is really growing up before our eyes. We then headed to get those blasted parking stickers taken care of finally! We got back and the kids ate lunch and then took naps. I forgot to mention the tea party the kids had while I worked on projects. The mess it made, but it made them sooo happy! Even Elara was snatching up things!

I got my visiting teaching done for one sister during nap time, talked to my Mom on the phone, and started cleaning up the morning mess. After naps it was more cleaning, some outside time and then back inside to finish dishes before I left for Kael's back to school night. By 5:15 the babysitter was here and I loaded up the car pool and off we went. It was fun being with other parents. I'm just so excited and nervous for Kael. Only 1 more day and our little boy is off to real school. We got back around 6:30 after learning about buses, homework, star of the week, snacks, discipline and all things school related!

Dinner was brought over by Ashlie Brewer. So sweet! She made chicken noodle soup with those Dream Field pasta noodles. Fresh carrots, celery and yummy chicken! I don't remember the last time I had homemade noodle soup. It was awesome. Kael ate about 3 whole bowls full. Eden was a stinker and insisted on a corn dog. Elara ate off the floor... Somehow she is still finding your diet coke cans in the recycle bin... I think it's time to take that out again. I found a can somewhere in a weird spot and she somehow found it. After dinner we bathed the kids and got them laying down all the while trying to get my busy bag stuff done. I've got a ways to go with it, but I'm enjoying making it!

So, here I am writing to you. I found the coolest idea today. I've found that several people start each school year off with a family theme. I really am loving this idea! You find a topic in the scriptures and then have your family work on this theme throughout the school year and each new school year you pick a new theme. Some people kick it off with a family dinner night the night before school starts. I'm going to start searching the scriptures for a theme for our family tomorrow morning. Then, I'm going to make a fun dinner for the kids and talk about it for a mini family home evening. I think this should be great! I wish I would have remembered to talk to you about this on the phone, but it will wait I guess. I'm so excited for the adventures our family will have and that we are having. We have a great life together you and I! I miss you. I think of you all the time. Know that I love you even with super busy days.

I love you,
Sharice

No comments: