Sunday, August 25, 2013

Kael is 5

Dear Kael,

Seriously kid, you are the coolest 5 year old I know. You have waited a long time to turn 5. Ever since Eden's birthday all we have heard was how your birthday is next. The count down was on! You were so excited to pick out a birthday cake, get presents, and have fun with your family and friends. You wanted everyone to celebrate with you. For your special day we blew up balloons and had streamers and party hats. We went to Seven Peaks and went swimming and Dad took you and Eden on water slides for the first time. It was the best morning. I love these moments where we all get to be together just us and have so much fun! We got McDonalds for lunch and we all came home and took naps. Grammy came over and spoiled you rotten with presents. Then we went outside and had lots of friends come out to help you celebrate with a pinata that you helped me make and the robot cake you requested. We also had popsicles. I think Elara liked those the best. We played outside then came in and watched Sleeping Beauty. We like that one because the Prince had to slay a dragon and you my friend are a Prince and a mighty warrior who can slay any dragon!

I'm still in shock that you really are 5! You tell everyone. It's quite funny. You are absolutely ready for kindergarten. You are excited to ride the bus and be a big kid. You love everyone Kael. Really you do. Just today we made some cookies. We went outside to play and you were riding bikes with your friend Holly. She had to go inside and you came running up to me, "Mom, mom! I want to share my cookies with Holly! I need to go grab a cookie for her." So, you did. You ran in the house, grabbed cookies and ran to Holly's house to give them to her. You are such a great friend. There are so many examples just like this. Don't lose this trait bud! You are a rockstar friend! It goes a long way to be nice to people and I'm glad this comes easily to you. I think your favorite person is Carlee Griffiths. She is in the primary and is the resident assistant for our court. She tells me all the time how sweet you are. You are a friend to everyone, adults included bud!

What a good example you are.

Some fun things about what you can do now that you are 5!
You can count to 100.
You know your ABC's and the sounds the letters make.
You know your shapes and colors.
We are working on tieing shoes, but Mom has been a slacker on this.
You love getting dressed by yourself. (Side story... I told you the other day if you were feeling good I'd take you to school in the morning. You had testing for kindergarten, and I didn't explain that. Well, at 6:45 am in the morning you came into my room and announced, "Mom, I am ready for school!" You had your clothes on, shoes, and even your new backpack!) You seriously are so excited for school and I love this!
You know your phone number and address.
You know how to end a sentence and about the title on a book.
You know several sight words like, the, a, are, look, book, dog, cat, car, an, am, ect.
You can read several short sentences. Here is a goat. The goat is here.
It is so cool.
You love to dance and sing. You love playing angry birds star wars!
You watched all 6 Star Wars movies with Dad and loved it!
You loved playing baseball this summer.
You love bugs and insects.
You love all animals. You love your lizard Igor.
You really love to ride your red bike. You love riding scooters!
You are a great help for me. You are always watching out for your sisters and running around doing things for me. You don't realize it now, but you really are such a good helper and take such good care of your Mom. You throw away Elara's diapers for me and put your dishes in the sink, you pick up your toys and help Eden pick up her toys. You help with so much and I am so grateful for you! You are my favorite little buddy and I love you so much! I'm so glad you are 5 and we are gonna enjoy each day you get to be 5!

I love you bud!

Love,
Mom

No comments: