Saturday, July 20, 2013

Simi Valley, California June 24-28

TOMMY'S
We can't go to Simi and not get Tommy's. We crave this food daily here. It's a good thing we don't live there or we would be broke and really be eating 10 x the calories a person is normally suppose to eat per day in 1 meal... Oh I need more! I think we had Tommy's 4 times while we were there. You can never eat too much Tommy's. Did I mention Tommy's yet? MMMMmmmmmmmm! 


 There was a park just down the road from Derek's grandparent's house that we walked to. Derek found Elara this huge leaf and she totally loved it! We kept it until it finally fell apart. It was a sad day after that.

 Nana the Great with Kael and Eden.
 Papa Pat with Kael and Eden.
 These kiddos sure love their great grandparents! We sure had a blast staying with them for almost a whole week. They would follow Papa Pat around wherever he went and honestly I don't think he ever got sick of them. I think Eden has a special bond too. She would curl right up on Papa Pat's lap and be so happy and content there. They were instant buddies. This trip was much needed and we loved seeing all of the Aunt's and Uncle's and cousins. We were spoiled with beach trips and food and love by all of Derek's family. We feel so blessed to be numbered among the Pinkston family. I couldn't have married into a better family. 

 Meet Igor, the newest member of our family. He has traveled all the way from the grandparent's back yard to come stay at our home and amazingly he is still alive and eating the worms we feed him. Kael and Eden LOVE Igor. 
 The kids and I got to go to the beach twice this trip and I have to say I have fallen in love. I used to not love it so much because of the sand and salty water... Everything that makes up a beach. However, this trip, I embraced it and we played and we LOVED it. I can't wait for our next trip. I'm an official beach lover and want to get out there and boogie board or learn to surf as soon as I can!


 Derek caught Kael a crab after getting pinched a ton. Funny story. Derek and Kael took off to go play and I was watching Eden and Elara. Our big beach umbrella fell over and it was big. Meanwhile it knocked the bucket holding the crab over. I was scrambling for the umbrella that fell on some ladies and noticed the crab gone. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE. I was terrified it was going to get Elara. All of a sudden a group of people that were sun tanning near us started jumping up and screaming. I guess I found the crab! HAHAHA I grabbed the bucket, caught the stupid thing and apologized profusely! It sure made a good laugh for all of us. Thankfully the people laughed and weren't mad. Stupid crab. 
 Simi part two will come later once I get the pictures off my phone. Included will be Eden being Eve in the garden of Eden. She ran out naked from the bath tub to the entire family gathered in the living room to say a naked good night unbeknownst to me... mmm hmmm... And our first beach trip.

SIMI PART 2: 1ST BEACH TRIP
 Kael and Davis
 Eden and Heidi
 Pretty Elara
Al the kiddos piled on Davis!
We had so much fun going to the beach with Julie, Davis, Heidi, and another member family. The kids had a blast and Davis and Heidi were such good sports playing with the kids. I miss Simi already. I miss the people in Simi even more.

No comments: