Monday, July 22, 2013

Kael Update T-Ball Star

Dear Kael,

It has been a while since I have written you a letter and I think it is time to do one again. I can't believe you will be 5 in just two weeks! I can't believe I've kept you alive and out of the emergency room for 5 years. I think it is an accomplishment to me. 5! You talk about turning 5 and your birthday every single day for the last 3 months. You have grown so much in so many ways in the last several months. Your enthusiastic and happy personality shines. You are a joy to be around. You are so friendly and make new best friends every single day. You are so personable. Just tonight coming home there was a new couple that moved into our courtyard. Already, you learned their names and invited them to our home. You caught a lizard with Dad in California that you named Igor. You want everyone to meet your lizard. Everyone. You adore Elara. You play games with her and try to make her smile all day long. You like to make her laugh. You love to hold her and give her hugs. You do make her smile every day.
You love being with Eden. You guys can play so well together. You make each other laugh. You pester her. Recently you have begun trying to scare Eden. You really are your father's son. Dad used to do this to his sisters all the time. It is really quite funny.
I think your best friend really is your Dad though. You wake him up in the mornings to work out together. You love spending this special time with Dad. You are getting so tough! You can do about 21 straight push ups, about 12 pull ups, you do squats, bicep curls. Basically, anything Dad does you have to do too. You advanced from 3 lb weights to 5 lbs and you think you are the coolest thing ever! I think you are! I love it when you show me your muscles. I love that you love exercise. 
You love playing the wii and are getting pretty good at mario kart.
You really love your new red bike. You ride around and around and around all the time you are outside. You really love it if another kid will race with you.
You are so excited for kindergarten. That came fast. Only one more month until you officially start real school. Sigh. I know you will love it, but I will miss you! Having you home this summer has been a blast. I didn't realize how much I missed having you around the house while you were at preschool until this summer! I really missed you and I'm not quite ready for you to start school! I'm just glad we have another month.
While visiting Grandpa Heaton we discovered your love of baseball. Grandpa got you all set up for t-ball this summer. You are one fantastic athlete! You can throw the ball so hard and so far and same with hitting! You had Grandpa amazed. You had 5 t-ball games this July. Not just because I'm biased, but you were the best athlete on all the teams that we played. You could throw the farthest and hit the farthest. You picked up on what you were suppose to do so fast! The best part was I really think you had a great time. You loved playing with your team and really loved talking to your coach. One of the Mom's said you had the most personality on the team. You can do hard things and you will do great things.
Kael you are one AMAZING kid. I love you so much!



So a side story. Derek let Kael watch the first season of HeMan. He started going around the house afterward yelling, "I HAVE THE POWER!"
Then, we had a family home evening on the priesthood when Derek gave me and Elara a blessing, and since then he runs around the house yelling, "I HAVE THE PRIESTHOOD POWER!" To which we respond, when you turn 12!
And now that he has a trophy from t-ball this morning he yells, "I HAVE THE PRIESTHOOD POWER TROPHY!"
The kid cracks me up! He is too funny.

No comments: