Saturday, July 20, 2013

4th of July Happy Independence Day!

 Eden painted my toes and I painted hers. She is getting better actually. I can't believe how much she LOVES with a passion to paint nails. She is 100% girl. Love her!
 Poor Derek was already in deep study mode for step 2 for when the 4th came. So, the kids and I decided to see Grammy in action at work. We went to the city of Sandy's celebration. It was so much fun! I have wanted to dress the kids up for a while now and have really wanted to paint their faces. They got in on the spirit of it and they loved it! It was so much fun just dressing up.


 We got to see Grammy in action and she was fabulous!
 I let the kids get a couple tickets. We put their working out with Dad in the mornings to use and had them climb a rock wall and they went down a giant shark slide.
 Elara was a trooper even though I forgot the sunblock and got all of us except Eden burned. I'm so glad at least one of my children can handle just a little sun!

 Kael showing his muscles.
 Eden had to be cute showing off her muscles.






 It was hard for them to figure out balancing because they were so light the rope thing just held them where they were. Eden was so light we literally had to pull her down. I don't know how we would have gotten her down if she made it to the top. She got higher than Kael did, but both kids did amazing!
 Who doesn't love a hot dog for lunch? Couldn't have had a better meal for the 4th!
 The awesome shark slide.

 They had booths set up with tons of free things for the kids to do. We made these flowers, bouncy balls, and colored puzzles to take home. They had free balloon animals and face painting, but the lines were so long we skipped out. Then the kids got snow cones and we called it a day! It was so much fun having the kids old enough to go play. I'm already looking forward to all the fun stuff we will be able to do next summer.

 Elara really likes having her tongue out lately. It's hard to get a picture without it hanging out.
 That night we had our own personal fireworks show close to bedtime since the kids didn't nap and we didn't want to stay up late. Maybe next year we will catch a real fireworks show. Something tells me it won't beat Disneyland fireworks show though.








Elara's face says it all. We sure had a super fun 4th!

No comments: