Monday, July 22, 2013

Eden Update

Oh Eden,

You make me smile when I think of how fast you are growing up. I look at what Kael was like at 3 and you two couldn't be more different. You keep me on my toes! Dad and I have discovered we can't raise you like we have raised Kael so far. Kael is very much a reward verses punishment person. Don't get me wrong, Kael was super tough the first 3 years and is totally tough in his own way, but you my dear daughter are so strong willed, full of personality, and are opinionated about everything! I'm so glad you have these qualities. They are going to make you into the most wonderful person and you are the most wonderful person. It just makes my job more difficult it seems. You have to state your opinion about everything. And you have an opinion on everything. You let me know how things really are. "Mom, you do this and I will do this." "Mom I need you to braid my Barbie's hair." "Mom Kael is NOT being nice." "Mom, Elara is crying, go get Elara!" "Mom, I don't want to clean up the toys that I made a mess with." "I am done eating, I do NOT want to finish. I PROMISE I won't ask for food in bed." "Mom, you are a princess, I'm a princess, Elara is a princess, and Kael and Dad are superheros!"

This list goes on and on. I don't think you ever stop talking. Dad took you on a car ride and came home just amazed. He looked at me and said, "Is she always talking?" He said that you didn't stop. He said he finally turned on the radio and you still were talking to your animals in the back after he stopped talking to you. It was really funny. If you aren't talking to one of us you are talking to your dolls. You love tea parties, playing princess, superheros with Kael, coloring, reading stories, playing with barbie dolls, building forts, dancing and more dancing, singing and more singing. You are 100% girl. You love the new barbie house and barbie dolls our neighbors gave to you. I think it was your birthday and Christmas for several years thrown together all at once by how much you love those Barbies. It makes me so happy to see you so happy and playing and having fun. You have quite the imagination.

You are the best snuggler hands down. Growing up my brothers and sisters said I was the best snuggler, but I think you even got ME beat. Favorite places to snuggle, Dad's lap, Papa Pat's lap, next to Kael on the couch, and anywhere Mom is at night. You always come to me at least once if not twice or three times and crawl in bed with me and just say, "Mom, I need you, I need to lay by you". I can't really get too upset because that was me when I was your age. It just was that way. I just needed comfort from someone or anyone. I usually let you lay by me for 5 minutes and then end up carrying  you back to bed. Not gonna lie, it is A LOT of work, especially when I've been up all night with Elara or when you wake up Elara to get me. If you could just stay in your bed a little more I think my life would be a little easier. But, you are the BEST snuggler and who can resist that right? Even with elbows and knees shoving at me and pushing me off the bed.

You think Elara is the best baby ever. When she cries you try to calm her down. You love saying she is your sister. Bath time is always more fun when Elara is in there with you. I know you are going to have so much fun playing with her when she is older. You already share your dolls and all your hand me downs with her and I think Elara adores you! You are the best big sister.

Eden, I love you so much. Don't change, but it would be nice to figure out how to get you to do something when you don't want to do it. It sure would me bed time easier. You are an adventure for me for sure and I love you for taking me on it! Words can't express how happy you make me and I love you so much! Don't change who you are because you are perfect.

I love you Eden Marie! I'm so proud of you!

Love,
Mom

No comments: