Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Halloween 2011

I can never choose one picture to post. Here they are though. I sewed my costume first. I just kind of guessed. I held the material up and tried pinning it. Then I sewed Derek's. Once again I held it up to him and then pinned. I figured it wasn't a big deal to be a bit off. I was going to sew the triangles on, and after one I realized it was a pain and didn't look too good. I ended up using a glue gun. Kael's shorts I found a blog that showed you how to make shorts and create your own pattern from shorts you already have. They turned out pretty good, but were a little big. I made his bat out of extra pillow stuffing I had. It was pretty floppy so I broke a hanger and put it in there for support. Then Eden's shirt was the easiest part I made. I had shirt in her closet that was made practically the same and I just copied it exactly. Then I glued the triangles on. Her shorts were another matter. I tried doing the same as Kael's but Eden only had skirts so I had a harder time. It ended with no waist to do a waist band. I added about 4 inches and it still didn't go over her bottom... It was really funny. I ended up putting on some black leggings underneath and it covered everything pretty good. I had fun making the costumes, but even more fun wearing them as a family and taking the kids trick-or-treating. Both kids had it down pretty good this year. Kael ran door to door with his cousins and held Garek's hand practically the whole time. I'm only upset that in the confusion I forgot their buckets for candy and they had to use plastic bags. Poor Kael struggled to get the bag open while saying, Trick-or-treat, thank you and checking out the candy and holding his bat. Even Eden said trick-or-treat and thank you and bye bye. We got lots of comments on the costumes and I think it was a hit. I think I'm starting to like Halloween again. It was so worth it to see the kids so happy and yelling "Candy candy candy candy candy candy" in between each house. I have no idea what is in store for next year, but I'm already excited.




 I wish I could pick a favorite so I don't flood my blog book with copies of similar pictures. Oh well.

No comments: