Monday, October 04, 2010

Wheeler Historic Farm

So, I have been trying to be adventurous. A good self assessment of myself is social, but shy. Ya, I know it makes no sense whatsoever. I love being with people, but I feel like a complete idiot at the same time. So, this whole move and meet new people thing has been a fun adventure for me and I'm trying to get to know as many people as I can. Let's face it, my husband is in med school, and I'm a lonely wife. ;)
I had a night in September where I invited all the first year medical student wives over to my apartment so we could get to know each other better and hopefully start making some friends. I think it turned out pretty awesome myself, and that was super brave of me. Thanks to Shelly who is a lonely 4th year medical student wife and my sister that gave me the idea and the confidence to do that!
From this get together we have been able to start doing some play dates for our kids. It has been so good for Kael to play with other kids, and that makes me so happy!
So, here are some pictures of our play date to Wheeler Historic Farm up here in SLC.

Eden refused to look at the camera.

Eden has to put up with so much sometimes and she is so good. So here she is putting up with me walking around the stinky smells and chasing Kael. So she showed us and stuck her tongue out at us.

Kael and the big lazy pig.

The goats were crazy. They just jumped right up at the fence and Kael would reach out and pet them. I was a little nervous they would bite him, but we made it without any injuries.

This goat was just out walking around and the kids got to pet him.
The little boy in the picture is one of our friends and his name just happens to be Derek.
We sure had a great time! Thanks to those who came with us!

No comments: