Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Day 4

Today is my favorite book...

The Book of Mormon.

Ok ok ok. Besides that. I am a LOVER of BOOKS. It all started way back when...

As a little kid I LOVED my first grade teacher. Her name was Miss Velders. She read us a book called "I'll Love You Forever". That is my favorite children's book. I have 2 copies as of right now. Kael has both, but Eden will eventually get one.

I really got reading around the 5th grade. My teacher read us the Hobbit and I loved it. I became a nerd. Yes, it is true. My oldest brother Josh had just about every Star Wars book out there, and I began reading those. I read just about all of them by the 7th grade. In between Star Wars I read about 120 Nancy Drew books my Grandma got us.

Growing up my Grandma always sent us a book or something in the mail. I still have all those 100 or so Nancy Drew books. I really want Eden to have them some day.

I also really loved the Goosebump books as a kid.

Then, in High School I read the classics my senior year in AP English Literature. I have fallen in love with them, but haven't gotten back to them yet. Why?

I met and married Derek who is a Fantasy lover. Derek is the FASTEST reader I have EVER met. We read about 4 pages of the BOM per night and when I get to my 2nd page he is finished with all 4.

Derek got me going on fantasy and I LOVE it! Since we have been married I have probably read about 100 fantasy books. Right now I am reading the Wheel of Time. It is a 13 book series and has about 600 pages per book with tiny print. I love it.

My favorite series however is da da daaa: The Twilight Series. So. There you go.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey you are the one who has all my Nancy Drew books! I was looking for those when mom was cleaning out their stuff before their mission. I found some of my other books, but those weren't there. Now I know who took them! Ha!