Tuesday, October 05, 2010

26 Month Kael

KAEL OH KAEL.

Kael officially refuses to sit in his high chair. We bought a booster seat to have at the table, and he loves it so much. Bad part for me is that he is ruining my table, and food is EVERYWHERE. So, if you come to my house and my kitchen table/floor is disgusting that's just how it is for now.

Kael has always loved balls, but it has gone way overboard lately. A nice guy in our courtyard helped Kael to slam dunk the basketball one day, and now Kael is out there everyday waiting to be picked up and shoot baskets. I got him a small football and he LOVES it. He is picking up on counting so he goes around the house with his ball saying twooooo, treeeeee, rooooo. Meaning, one, two, three, throw. It is hilarious and Derek, Eden, and I have all been hit in the face many a time now. Good thing the balls are soft.

Kael still destroys my bathroom any chance he can get. Especially during bath time. However, he has had an improvement in the bathroom.
He is starting to get interested in the potty. Kael loves watching us go to the bathroom, and now every night before his bath he has to sit on the toilet, grab some toilet paper, wipe his bum, and then flush it down the toilet. He then proceeds to yell "AY" which is BYE. To whatever is going down the toilet. So, everytime I go to the bathroom he is always yelling AY AY. And he ALWAYS has to be the one to flush. Some nights he sits on the toilet 4 times before he will get in the tub. Now I call that serious interest. He still hasn't actually peed in the toilet yet. He has peed in the bathtub on command twice and peed on the side of the toilet standing up twice. Lately though it is a whole lot of nothing. I'm just so glad he is interested in the toilet and isn't afraid of it. PROGRESS people.

Speaking of progress remember me wanting to pull my hair out to teach this kid how to pray? Every night Kael now says "Prayer time" and folds his arms. Sometimes he can keep them folded for the whole prayer. Less than a week ago he FINALLY said AMEN at the end of the prayer! Once again PROGRESS people! I'm loving that word.

So, General Conference was this weekend and we had the radio on to listen to it since we don't have our cable hooked up and I really don't think we ever will get it turned on. Anyway, Kael loved listening to the music. He would act like he was conducting the music and sing as loud as he could with it. At the very end of conference it was the last song after the Prophet spoke, Kael was singing and having a great time. Derek and I were chatting about the talks and stopped paying attention well Kael knew better. Somehow the kid knew that it was "PRAYER TIME". He folded his arms and told me and Derek several time it was "PRAYER TIME". We looked at each other because at that very moment the prayer was being said. We thought, "How in the world did he know it was going to be a prayer?". He did know. The only thing we could come up with was that at church and during the conference after the song there is almost always a prayer after. What a smart kid. He is such an example to us.

Oh ya. Kael has started going around the playground and hugging all the 2 year old girls. It is too adorable and funny.

Kael has also recently taken to helping me feed Eden cereal. He has to sit right in my lap after he goes and grabs about 5 spoons so he can help too. It is rediculous, but totally sweet. He wants to help me with Eden and you can really tell that he LOVES his sister. I know he is going to take good care of her.

I'm trying to compose a list of words from this last month that I know Kael can say. The doctor wants to check his progress in December and I figure if I document it, then I can show his improvement. I know he has improved a ton since his last doctors appointment.

Kael Words:
AY : For hi and bye
Aaa : For apple
Oo ee : For cookie
AH : For water
Bubble : For bubble (First clear word)
Da da : For Dad
Ou side : For outside
uh : For up
UH OH : For uh oh
ar ane : For airplane
swi : For swing
ah do : All done
shoooo : For shoe
Ocks : For socks
uh : For cup
all : For ball
eef : For leaf
ee : For tree
ide : For slide
no : For no
saw : for sorry
day oo : For thank you

AND if you'll notice there still is no mama on that list... Boo.
However, he does scream mamamamamamamamamama when he's mad.
Anyway, I'm just glad he is improving. If anyone has ANY suggestions on how to get this kid speaking real words before December I'll take any help I can get. I REALLY don't want him to have to do speech therapy if I can avoid it. Tell me what to do and I'll do it! The only advice the doctor could tell me was to repeat the word a gazillion times. For example: You have a gold FISH, you like the FISH, what color is the FISH, can mom have a FISH, yummy FISH. ECT.

Kael: Just know that Mom and Dad love you. You are an amazing kid. You teach me a lot of patience lately.

No comments: