Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eden at 7 Months

Well, it has come. My baby is over half way to one. This post was due several days ago, but once again my children are sick so it got put off. Not to mention that I have finally caught something they have. Bleh. Derek has been such a trooper and taking care of us and doing all of his medical school stuff. I couldn't have survived the past couple days without him. Poor Eden was the sickest of us all. She threw up so much she started having dry heaves. Her poor little body was so sick. Derek gave her a blessing after I fed her last night and miracles do happen. Derek blessed her to be able to sleep so her body would heal and sure enough she was able to not throw up at all last night and actually got some sleep. This was awesome as I was the one that was throwing up in the middle of the night. Today has been rough, but we are hopefully on the mend.
It really has been a long 3 months. I figure if I can just make it through the winter hopefully our immune systems will be so strong that next year will be a piece of cake. Anyway on to my little darling girl.

7 MONTHS:
Eden loves to roll to get to places. I think she is a little behind on her motor movement because she lets her head flop a lot. She has been able to lift her head up since she was a month old, but she still flops sometimes. She doesn't like to sit up hardly at all and can't do it by herself yet. We are working on that. She can roll about 5 feet off of her blanket though. She LOVES to roll to get her toys. She loves to go for walks around the house in her walker. She is trying to crawl and hopefully by next month we will see some movement. She really loves her toys. She loves to be read to. Kael is now officially having to share his toys with her and doesn't like it very much. He was playing with his lego blocks the other day and Eden rolled and picked one up and decided it fit perfectly in her little hands and started chewing on it. Kael snatched it away so fast and Eden got so upset. So, Kael knows he is to share his toys now. It is so cute. Speaking of her big brother, Eden loves to be held by her Kael. I'm quite surprised actually. I thought she would cry or something, but no she thinks it is as much fun as he does.

Eden is finally becoming a champ at eating solid foods. It has a taken a while to get here. I blame myself for not having any patience it seems. She eats rice cereal great, but she now prefers it with other foods and not just by itself. So far she has tried sweet potatos, carrots, applesauce, and pears. I think her hair might just turn orange yet because she loves the orange foods. ;) She actually HATES applesauce. I have tried it several times and she clamps her mouth shut and refuses and when I do force some in there she gags at me. You would think a kid would prefer fruit over veggies, but not this girl.

Eden loves to drink water from a sippy cup. She loves to hold it and chew on it. Most of it squirts out of it at me because it has a soft top and me and her are soaked by the end, but she loves it so much and it is getting her used to sippy cups.

Eden we love you and you bless our lives everyday. You make me work for your smiles and it is 100% worth it! Love you baby girl!
Eden in her walker. She is wearing a hat that I crocheted for her.

1 comment:

Wayne and Melinda said...

I can't believe she is already 7 months! My kids have never liked applesauce either. I don't think it's the flavor so much as the texture. Crazy what kids will and will not eat :)