Thursday, October 25, 2012

Elara 4 weeks!

Dear Elara,

I can't believe it has been a month. It has flown by it seems and it has been hard, yet really really wonderful! You add so much to our family. You make us stronger and better. It seems we all have had to start doing hard things in our family and you have made it so we see how strong we are. Getting you here has been one of the hardest things I have done yet. Ask your Dad, he knows how much I complained and whined. However, he has loved you from the moment we knew you were coming and put up with me to get you here. I thought for certain I would throw in the towel about a week ago. You cried after every time you ate. You cried a lot for some reason. You did not like sleeping at night. I was so for certain you had reflux, and you probably did. I was scared because I had to start taking Kael to school this week. Kael was sick and now Eden. However, you have finally been letting me sleep a little at night. Almost for a week now you have been able to start sleeping in your crib! It is a miracle! I thought you would never want to leave my side, which I love holding you, but all day and night was getting rough. But, you have done it. You sleep at night and eat, and go back to sleep. It is still every 2 to 4 hours, but you are so much more happy. Oh, you make me so happy. You make your brother and sister happy. You make your Dad sing! I've always asked him to sing for me, and he refuses, yet at night time when I'm putting Kael and Eden to bed I hear him singing to you. He always sings for his babies. He did it for Kael and Eden, and now for you. You have brought so much happiness to our family. We are all better because of you. Keep growing strong and healthy. Every day you get bigger. You were so so small and I know you have grown. I will always remember the first thought in my head when I saw you was how small you were. You already are bigger and stronger, but you will be my special tiny baby. I love you so much Elara. Thank you for coming to us! We love you our precious gift from God!

Love you always,
Mom

No comments: