Monday, December 05, 2011

40 Months

Dearest Kael,

Oh how I love you being 3! You have so much personality I don't know what to do some days... You are a very emotional child. You literally wear them on your shirt. When you are sad, you now come and announce it to the world. When you are happy, you get so overwhelmed you run up to me and say, "Mom, need a KISS/HUG!" Meaning you need to kiss or hug me now because you are so so happy. You love to play with play dough still. You love your dinosaurs still and cars. I let you ride the train at the zoo with Dad one day and you are now obsessed with trains. So much in fact that when I asked you what toy you want Santa Clause to bring you thought for a minute and said, "Train Mom". Clear and matter of fact. I never put the idea in your head. I don't even know how you came up with it. I'm still not sure if you mean you literally want a huge train like at the zoo, or if you want a toy one. Sorry kid, but no matter what a toy train will have to do. I don't think a real one will fit in Santa's bag. After telling people you want a train for Christmas you then go on to tell everyone that Eden wants a doll. It is the cutest. You think of Eden a lot. Every night after we say prayers and read scriptures Eden tells you night night and then you and Eden have to hug and you give her a kiss on her cheek. It melts my heart every time.

You have loved getting the house decorated for Christmas. Your stocking is hung. You wrote a letter to Santa and drew him a picture. We have spent so much time coloring pictures to hang on the window. You helped us decorate the tree and put up lights. You have helped me make a chain to count down the days until Christmas. We have glued and glittered a pine cone to make it look like a Christmas tree. We have colored snow flakes and hung them on a hanger in your room. You love the snow and I think this may be your favorite time of year. I'm running out of ideas to keep you busy in this cold weather. I'm hoping a huge snow storm comes in soon so we can make more snowmen and angels and build forts and have snow ball fights and sled. You love to play in the snow.

You don't really like taking a bath very much anymore. I have to come up with crazy unique ideas to get you in the tub. You love having water balloons in the tub. Not just any balloon, but usually ginormous ones. We got some glow sticks last month and you are obsessed with them. These are just a few of your favorite bath things and if I don't come up with something you refuse to get in.

You have been saying some of the funniest things the last month. I've finally taken to writing them down so I don't forget!

I love you so much bud! You are an amazing little gentleman and I just want to squish you all day long!
Stay amazing because that is what you are!
Love,
Mom

Kael's funny stories:


Kael put all three missing batteries in the fire alarm and it started screeching super loud at Eden and me. Kael then proceeded to yell over the alarm, “I fixed it Mom!!!” He was really proud of himself, and then I of course had to break his heart and take out the batteries so I could have some sanity in my life.

(Kael gets sick)
Kael had a sore throat for a couple of days. I started feeling bad for the kid when he started asking for medicine to make it feel better. A few weeks earlier Kael had been throwing up and we tried to teach him to throw up in a bowl. By the end I think he threw up once in the bowl. When his throat started hurting the only thing he could relate it to was being sick throwing up. He started to tell us that his stomach hurt and he needed a bowl. So, as he is telling me he needs a bowl, he jumps out of bed and runs to the kitchen to get a bowl. I was so terrified he was going to throw up, but I should have realized what was going on. I had some antiseptic throat spray to numb his throat. The next night the same thing happened and he kept saying he needed medicine. So I told him I’d spray his throat. He didn’t like it the first day I did it, so he said no thanks and went to bed. Then, all of a sudden he ran out of his room and said, “Mom, need the spray! My throat hurts!” So, the kid was super tough and let me do it! He is such a tough kid! He also got a little addicted to the cherry cough drops. Those things are like candy and I loved them as a kid too…

Lately, Kael has been asking Derek...........

“What are you doing Dad? What are you doing Dad? What are you doing Dad?"

Kael is starting to say his own prayers. After watching Cars 2 one night this was his prayer:
"Thankful for scriptures, Mater, Francesco, Lightning Mcqueen, dad, dad, dad, eden, mom, jesus, jesus, outside, bike."

Kael loved ice skating! So much in fact that he kept telling Derek this..........
"More skating Dad, More skating Dad, More skating Dad, More skating Dad, More skating Dad!"

Lately, Kael's toys have been acting a little out of line. So, what does Kael do? He has started putting his toys in time out. He stepped on his dinosaur that was on the floor and seemed to hurt his foot. He proceeded to say, "No no dinosaur, TIME OUT! No hurt Kael." And put the dinosaur on his time out chair. The same thing happened with Lightning McQueen, and a few other toys... Most recently a car tonight.

Kael gets a little confused with all of the snow things. He thinks everything is a snowman. A snowflake is a snowman, snow outside is a snowman, ice, why that's a snowman!

And LAST.
Kael is my biggest helper. After I brought in the groceries I decided to start the kids lunch and I thought I'd put away the groceries once the kids were buckled in eating. I didn't really look, being spaced out and getting lunch ready. When I turned around Kael said, "Mom, I put away the groceries." Literally every can, box, fruit, vegetable, frozen food, etc. was in my refrigerator.

He is such a helpful little boy. Thanks bud!


No comments: