Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Visit Down South

My parents (The Heatons) bought a house in Hurricane, Utah this month and it was time for a visit, so I packed up the kids and we went down to help them move in. Derek had finals and then a huge service project in St. George, so we decided to meet up when he was done. This trip was so much fun. I don't think I was much help to my parents, but the kids sure had a blast spending a week with Grandma and Grandpa Heaton. Whenever my Dad wasn't working Kael became his shadow. Kael wanted to do EVERYTHING that Grandpa was doing, and he did. Eden took a while to warm up to them, but as soon as they brought out the food, it didn't take her long to start showing her cute personality. 
My Dad had a business meeting here in Salt Lake on the 13th and when he was done we got to take him to the zoo. He grew up in Salt Lake and hadn't been to Hogle Zoo in well maybe 30 years. It sure has changed a lot, and we had fun. The monkey's were so active! We are frequent zoo attendants, almost once a week, and I have never seen them so friendly. They jumped up to the window at Eden (gave me a heart attack), and started waving to her. Kael soon came over and they were all chatting up a storm to each other. It was amazing. After the zoo we took the kids to McDonald's for dinner and to wear the kids out before the long drive down south. It worked like a charm. The kids were exhausted and fell asleep on the drive. 


One of the days we were getting the last load of stuff of my parent's and my Dad took us to the playground of death as we like to call it. It did have the coolest tire swing that took us up in the air like 10 feet I'm guessing, and of course it made me motion sick. Ugh. BUT, Kael loved it. He is such a thrill seeker. It was freezing cold so we didn't stay long.
 The playground of DEATH!

 Another day my parent's took us to the Washington Rec Center. This was my first time going and it was AMAZING! The kids absolutely love the water and I loved being able to take them swimming in the winter. They had amazing water slides for kids of all ages, buckets of water pouring down on you, and all kinds of water stuff going on. Kael went on the big slide a couple of times, and Eden was begging to go, but you have to be 3 to go down it. Of course I forgot to bring MY swimming suit, so I went to Sears and bought some exercise shorts and was going to wear a shirt. Of course I even forgot to bring THAT with me when we actually went, so I went back to Sears and bought it AGAIN. Oops. Sometimes my brain just gets rattled... I'm so glad I didn't miss it though. I love seeing these kids have so much fun.

 Grandpa and Kael on the small water slide.


I also got to meet up with my friend Ashley (Gafa) Higbee from High School. I love being able to see old friends! Our kids got to play at McDonald's while we played catch up. Of course I forgot to bring my camera. Darn. Her two little twin girls are so cute. They just turned 2 and are close to Eden in age.

 Grandpa, Grandma, Kael, and Eden
I was NOT leaving their house without a picture with them and the kids. I don't think I have one with all of them together. This was the best I could get with the two crazy kids.

On Monday the 19th we were able to go to dinner with Derek's service project group. His group was with his buddies in med school with him Stuart Curtis and Patrick Bell. Patrick was able to bring his family with them. We love these families. They are awesome Medical School families and we are glad we have them with us through this awesome journey called medical school! 

On our last night Tuesday the 20th we were able to meet up with some of Derek's old high school friends (Charlie Hale and Tim Thorley) and their families. It seems like time is going by so fast. It was fun to catch up and see old friends.

This trip was so much fun, but we also loved being able to be home for Christmas!
Thanks for a fun trip Mom and Dad! Until next time!

No comments: