Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011 (I Believe in Santa)

 Christmas was splendid this year. Simply splendid. I being anxious for the festivities to start got up at 6:30 thinking the kids would be up by then anyway. So, I put on some make up and they were still fast asleep by about 7 when Derek woke up, which is when the kids usually wake up. So, Derek made bacon and hot cocoa and I put some cinnamon rolls in the oven. The kids were still asleep, so we waited on the couch. The stinkers were still asleep by 7:30, so we crawled back into bed. They didn't wake up until about 8 o'clock. It was wonderful, but I wish I would have known so I could have slept in! It was perfect though and seeing Kael and Eden's faces when they saw their Santa Claus presents was priceless. Each year Christmas becomes more and more magical. Kael got a train from Santa Claus and Eden a doll and stroller. Then we of course overdid it and spoiled them rotten with a bunch of other stuff that could in no way out shine what Santa brought. Kael played with his new train for a solid 3 days during every waking moment. His eyes would light up. Sometimes he would fix something, but most of the time he would get down low and just watch the train speed along. He has been sleeping with the main train that has a light on it every night since in his bed. Eden has slept with her new doll every night. She gathers all of her dolls and puts them all in her stroller to push them around. She feeds them crackers and puts her sippy cup next to them. It is magical to see the happiness in their eyes. I hope to remember these special moments always. These two munchkins bring Derek and I so much joy.
This is what Santa left the kiddos Christmas Eve late at night.
And yes, the tree is completely dead... Not from lack of effort to keep it alive however.
 Kael focusing on his train. (You can tell because his tongue is hanging out.) And Eden playing with her doll.
Even though this picture is blurry I am totally in love with it. Kael is so busy all the time, and the picture just fits him. I love seeing him playing with his train and this moment is just very Kaelish...


 Kael is a very emotional child. When he gets upset and sad he lets you know. Usually he will stick out his bottom lip as far out as it will go and say, "Kael sad Mom." However, when he gets very excited about something he just cannot contain his happiness. He runs up to me and says, "Mom, need hug and kiss!" Then, jumps to hug me and pulls my face down to his and kisses my cheek. This was one of those moments. Ignore my crazy face, but the kid just needed a kiss. He was so happy and overcome with joy, and he wanted to show his gratitude. He is an amazing, sweet, kind, fun, and loving boy. I will always cherish those kisses that he just needs to give me. I hope they come for a long time yet.
And, Eden is just Eden. She was too busy eating, drinking and being merry to know much of what was going on. She did love opening presents this year. She is finally getting it down. I'm certain by her birthday in March she will be a professional present opener now. I think the food and her toys were her favorite part about Christmas. She got to eat all day long, and loved every minute. She loved walking out to see her new baby doll and stroller. She new it was for her and went right to it and started holding her new baby. She is so precious and I'm so glad she is mine.

Christmas was just splendid. I can't wait until next year!

No comments: