Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Twinkle Twinkle He's a Star

Here's a bunch of pictures from Kael's birthday party. It was themed "Twinkle Twinkle He's a Star!" Kael has been so obsessed with stars lately.

Here is the star cake that I made him. I ended up making 2 cakes to make sure we had enough for everyone.

The decorations. It was the only picture I took of the party table and it wasn't a good picture.
Kael blowing out candles. He blew them out before we sang and then after as well. He practiced a lot for this day.
 
Party people. Grammy and Gemma. Then one of Eden.
 Dad doing the star pinata. Kael was first up.

 Even Eden had a go at it.

 I should probaby not have used packing tape to make the pinata. That thing was indestructible. Derek had to take a knife to it to get the candy out. Next time I will use masking tape maybe...
 The candy! Kids were walking around with suckers in their mouths and trading them.
 Kael's loot.
 The water balloons! Derek and I spent 2 nights filling up around 400 water balloons. I have to say it was 100% worth every minute. The kids loved them. 




Don't mind Kael's ribs poking out in all the pictures. I really do feed the kid.
 Eden loved the water balloons too. She was soaked at the beginning of the party by jumping in the pool first thing. The girl loves water.


 Kael's cousin Garek was too funny. I caught him popping a balloon on the camera. Here is the before picture.
 And BAM!
 Presents Time!
 All of Kael's friends wanted to help him unwrap his presents. Kael didn't mind and thought it was fun.



 And last, as I was cleaning everything up the cake was last to go, and I hadn't been watching the kids very well. I ended up losing Eden to a stairwell and freaking both Derek and myself out and letting Kael have had it  with his left over cake.
He looked at me and just showed me his hands, so I snapped a picture. He was quite proud of himself.

1 comment:

Jerris Heaton said...

Aww...happy birthday little man!