Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some thoughts on health and fitness.

So, lately I have been thinking a lot about weight. Not necessarily mine, but yes a little. Over my lifetime I have been told by many people that, "You are so lucky that you never have to worry about your weight". "You are so skinny, I'd give anything to have your body". "I'm so jealous that you can eat whatever you want and never have to worry about it". And most recently, "I hate you because you are so skinny". This person was joking of course, but were they really?

Honestly, thank you people, I know I am lucky to have such an amazing body from Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for my metabolism. I need to be happy when I am reminded these things so that I remember to thank my Heavenly Father more often.

And, honestly, I am grateful I don't have to be on the other end of the spectrum of comments such as I can't believe you haven't lost any weight...

Sometimes it is hard to listen to so many comments about my weight though.

The stupid world is so obsessed with weight. What the world needs to be worried about is our healthiness.

So... Here are my thoughts recently

MY BODY IS A TEMPLE.


I need to be concerned about what I put into my body.
It isn't just the normal Mormon thoughts of "coffee, tea, tobacco, drugs, alcohol, etc".
What food am I putting into this body of mine? Am I making good choices? Would eating this certain food be healthy if I was pregnant and trying to make a growing baby?

So, no I am not concerned about my weight. I am grateful for that. I am concerned about eating healthy and having a healthy lifestyle.

What people don't know about me is that I love to exercise and yet I hate it as well. I know it is good for me and my body, but it is a struggle. I love to eat yummy food. I love candy, cake, cookies, ice cream, and all the sugary things. We all know that sugar normally makes people gain weight. What is this doing inside our bodies. I know that I physically I don't look like anything is happening to me when I eat these things, but the same kinds of things must be happening in my body to some extent.

So, I am eating healthy. I am keeping my body clean. It is a temple and I would keep the temple clean and pure. I am watching what I put into my body. I am changing my life. This is important to me. So, when people make these comments to me they don't know that I am trying to eat healthy like them. They think that I don't "need" to eat healthy or watch what I eat, but I do! And I am! And, it is hard. I'm not losing weight, but I am doing hard things. I am eliminating sugar and carbs. I am eating healthy things like fruits, vegetables, meats, and nuts. I know I can do this. I know I feel better when I eat this way. I have more energy. I sleep better. I feel better. Taking care of my body is important to me, and it is what needs to be done.

Just try to be a little nicer the next time you think about someone's weight. You never know what they are going through. I'm not upset at the people who have made these comments to me. I understand that people are going through difficult situations and feel the need to comment and for the most part I truly believe people are thinking they are complimenting me on how I look, and for that I am grateful.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
This is the link to the lifestyle that I am going for. It has the exercising that I will be doing and how I am eating.

Wish me luck because I am going to need it.

No comments: