Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 The Rest of the Day

So Kael's strep test came back negative. The doctor kept saying how bad his throat looked with the spots and his tonsils being huge, and how he had swollen lymph nodes. I'm like great he really must have strep. The doctor was really surprised it came back negative and ran a culture on it, but didn't give him any medicine. It should hopefully be done in 2 days and if it is positive get this kid normal before we leave on June 6th for Ohio.

Our day was so long today for both the kids and I. After getting back from the airport and resting for a bit I called the doctor and got Kael in as soon as possible at 10. We didn't get home until after 11 and poor Eden fell asleep in the car. My kids don't fall asleep in the car hardly ever. Kael's poor eyes were drooping. Who can blame them?! They were up at 4! Eden went to bed and Kael ate some lunch and then asked to get down, grabbed his blanket, said nap mom, nap, and went and laid down on his bed. He was so tired. I had to wake Kael up from his nap to get to his preschool testing evaluation today at 2. The poor kid was sleeping on the floor when I came in there. As I ran to get the camera Eden decided she needed to walk in and wake him up. This is how I found them.

We got back from the preschool appointment and the kids got Popsicles and played outside. Kael has been wanting lots of Popsicles lately. They had so much fun, and I think they got a little worn out, which is ok with me. Kael ran off with chalk and when I went over he showed me this picture he drew. I couldn't help but take a picture! It's a smiley face! He drew eyes, nose and mouth!
I am so proud of him. He is so smart. We just need to get his speech caught up and he is going to be awesome!
So after I get the kids to bed instead of finishing the dishes, I made a cake. I didn't want to sit inside by myself so I got the cake baking and sat outside with my awesome neighbors. I honestly am so grateful to live here in the village. I know I wouldn't feel as secure about my situation, and everyone has been so kind and has offered to help out. A big shout out to Kyle Roller who had the baby monitor last night while my baby cried all night. Our family is so blessed to be here and to know all of the amazing, kind, wonderful people who live all around us. Thank you so much for everything, and know if you offer me help right now I probably will not turn you down. ;)

I got to talk to my lovely husband for exactly 9 wonderful minutes. He is surviving so far. And like him, I should get to bed. By the way I did get my dishes done and house picked up. It is visitor friendly again. Whew.

No comments: