Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dealing with it.

So, if any of you read the Nie Nie Dialogues you will know about her writing letters to her husband while he is away. Quite romantic and a little silly, but you can't help but to love them. Today marks the first day that Derek is away. I'm plannning on keeping Derek updated right here on the blog, so he won't miss a moment. :)

We wanted to have fun with the kids before Derek left, so we got a little adventurous with the kids yesterday and took them to Thanksgiving Pointe Dinosaur museum. You know Kael's new obsession (dinosaurs). It was awesome. Pictures to come later.

We thought we were really prepared yesterday. All was going well. We got the kids to bed. Derek got a blessing, and that sure made me feel better. We knew this day was coming for about a year now, but it is easier to just not think about it. When the time came to really think about it that is when the break down happens. Derek was packed, the kids were taken care of. Derek gave me a blessing and then we got all the last minute details worked out. We dropped the baby monitor off at our amazing neighbors house so that I could take Derek to the airport at 5 am. You know the kids should be sleeping at 5 am, so there shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately our kids must have an agenda of their own.

Eden was up at 11 and then at 1 she was up and decided not to go to sleep. I was trying so hard to make sure she didn't cry because our neighbor had the monitor and this baby was suppose to be sleeping! Finally about 2 I gave her medicine and by 2:30 I was sleeping on the couch with her. At 4 she woke up again. And did I mention we needed to leave around 5? Ya. Kael then woke up just after 4 and refused to go back to sleep. I then brought Kael to sleep by Eden on the couch at 4:30. Then, at 4:45 they were both climbing on the couch so I turned on a movie so that Derek and I could get ready. We decided we just couldn't leave to completely awake children at 5 am so I got the kids coats and shoes and loaded them in the car too. I totally didn't want to bring them. I didn't want them to see Derek leaving. I wanted them to just wake up and have Mom and all be just fine. They obviously needed to say good bye to dad one more time.

I have to say I was quite surprised at myself and keeping it all together. Poor Kael was heart broken. He just cried and cried for his Dad. Eden fell asleep in the car, and we got home and just laid on the couch for a while. I'm totally one hundred percent exhausted, but I know Derek will be even more tired because he will be getting up at 2 am Utah time tomorrow. I sure hope he gets a nap today.

The kids are crazy and are just going nuts. Probably because Mom is too tired to do much more. Kael started throwing a tantrum asking for milk and threw his cup across the room, so I put him in time out, where he began screaming and that is when I looked in his mouth and saw his tonsils and they were huge with these huge ugly white dots on them. Great.

Needless to say it has been under 4 hours since I said good bye to Derek and I'm headed to the doctors office in 20 minutes. Kael also has his preschool evaluation today. I'm certain it won't go well do to lack of sleep... Positive attitude though.

We are here. Derek is flying over the U.S. and I'm dealing with it. The next 6 weeks are going to go by so fast.

So my love, know that I'm missing you like crazy, and as much as I miss you and wish you were here, I'm kinda glad you get to miss out on crazy kids today! :) You should know thought that I can't wait to snuggle you in bed again. 4 hours down, a gazillion to go. See you soon!
With Love From Home (the place where your family is)
Your Wife.

No comments: