Sunday, May 08, 2011

Dearest Kael

My dearest Kael. You are now 33 months old. I should have written this 2 days ago. This month has been a struggle for you and me. I think our different opinions have clashed a lot this month. Dad and I attended a class today for Sunday School at church for teaching. In the class a lady commented about teaching our children. She said when she had her first baby she prayed to Heavenly Father that she would be able to understand her baby. They are very different and she wanted to understand her baby so that she could teach her better. I want you to know that I have prayed for this very thing every day. I don't think we are all that different, but you are very stubborn. That is ok. I hope you are stubborn throughout your life. I want you to stick to what you believe. However, along the way, please obey your mother when she asks you to come inside, or especially to not run in the road. I promise, on these points Mom does know best. :)
You are speaking so much better. Just the other day you were playing outside and you insisted on holding your water cup. I asked you to let me hold it for you so you could play better, and you very clearly told me "No Mom, I need to hold it!" I had a good laugh and could not deny you your cup because I have never heard you speak so clearly, or that long of a sentence. It melts my heart. You repeat EVERYTHING! Progress. I am so proud of you!
You were talking to your Grandma Heaton on the phone and you repeated all the words she told you. Balloons, see you soon, love you, bye! Then as Grandma was going to hang up I heard her telling Grandpa, "Wow, he is getting so big!". That also melted my heart, because it is true.

Grandma and Grandpa Heaton are coming in just 8 days to watch you and Eden, and I have decided I really need to find a way for you to go #2 on the toilet before they come. So yesterday we went to the store and I let you pick a toy. You picked dinosaurs. You LOVE dinosaurs. You say that word all day long. Today, you did it. You pooped on the toilet for the first time since February! You were so excited for that dinosaur. Now, I really hope you can keep going so that I don't have to take the dinosaur away. It is going to break my heart if I have to, but I know you can do this!

You get so annoyed with Eden sometimes. It is so funny. You think she needs her pacifier or her sippy cup, or just some toy and you try to force her to hold it. She cries and then you cry. You really just want to help her. You love her so much. You kiss her cheek every night before she goes to bed. Sometimes you just go up to her and give her a big hug. Most of the time you end up tackling her and she laughs. Thanks for loving her. You are a great big brother and a good example so far. I put the picture I did up because it shows you being silly with Eden. Even though you both are still little you love being together. I love you buddy! You amaze me every day and I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see what next month brings.

No comments: