Saturday, August 28, 2010

Discovery Gateway

I wanted to venture out of the house today, but Derek was studying all day... I decided I just needed to bite the bullet and go out by myself with 2 kids or I never would. I am getting braver. :) We went to Discovery Gateway back in May with Derek's family and Kael LOVED it. I wanted to take the kids again to see if it would be worth a season pass for somewhere to go in the winter.
Here is my pros and cons list from what I learned today:
Pros:
Kael LOVES this place.
Different toys for kids to play with.
Inside activity for during the long winter months where it actually snows here.
Kael LOVES this place.
Cons:
GERM FEST!
I lost Kael 4 times... I looked down for 2 seconds and he darts away. (SCAREY)
Very hard with Eden. - I really could use another arm or two.
GERM FEST!
I figure my kids are going to be sick ALL winter no matter what because all of the vents in our apartment complex are all connected so everyone here says plan on them being sick, so hey lets just spread the germs.
Anyone in the Salt Lake area wanna buy a season pass together and go with me? I could use a buddy. If I buy a pass by myself I need to go 5 times in the next year to pay it off with regular admission, so I should go at least once a month to make it worth it.
Did I mention Kael LOVES this place? ;)
Kael's first love... Balls... He would have stayed in this area all day if I let him. I wanted him to explore everything though and it was worth it.
Kael wanted to sit on this stupid horse. Not an easy task with Eden in a front carrier and the horse being like 20 feet tall... Kael LOVED this awesome Life Flight Helicopter they had available for kids to explore. He stood in it forever patiently waiting for kids to move so he could sit down. When he finally got a chance to sit down a great big man came and sat on him trying to take his place. The poor kid got scared and cried. I know I would have. But, he faced his fears because the helicopter was too cool to pass up a chance to explore. Makes me miss you so much Mom. Good times.
This is what Eden thought of being dragged around all day just so Kael could have fun. ;)

No comments: