Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sundays

Sunday's have always been "difficult" since having kids. Today was a unique experience that I will probably never forget. Derek and I were asked to give talks on modern pioneers. Luckily we were only asked to speak for about 5 minutes each, which made preparing fairly easy. The difficult part... OUR CHILDREN.

We arrived in the nick of time. I had to feed Eden right before we left because she decided that everything should be on HER schedule and not ours. Derek sat with the kids for the beginning of the meeting and I got to sit on the stand. Was I up there worrying about how my talk would go? No. I was worried how my children were going to act. They did pretty good. At first.

As soon as the first hymn started both of my children decided it was time to fill their diapers of course. Derek unable to leave because he had both children and was afraid of missing his talk sat through it. I got up for my talk and Kael gives me a HUGE grin. Loved that! As I was saying AMEN however, both of my children decide to start screaming. I walk very brisquley (sp?) down the aisle and take the kids from Derek so he can go to the stand. Kael decided to throw himself on the floor and have a tantrum and Eden began crying.

I not knowing that my children both had full diapers kindly asked the nice couple behind me to hold my baby. Oh the sweet innocence of not knowing a diaper is full. I pick up Kael and take him to the back of the room. I immediately get a woof of his wonderfully full diaper. I quickly take him out to do his business thinking Eden should be fine. By the time I get back to the sacrament room Derek is done with his talk and back getting Eden.

At this moment I find out Eden's diaper leaked ALL OVER this poor girl who was so kind to hold her... This unfortunate family does not have any children yet, and after helping me with my children may not want to... I had NO IDEA Eden's diaper was full. I quickly rushed her out to change her diaper before it got anywhere else. By the time I came back in the poor couple behind us left to go clean themselves up at home.

We made it through the rest of church and I even got a calling by the end. I'm certain our new ward is not going to forget our faces for a while. I had to ask the relief society who the poor family was behind us so I can take a peace offering to them. They weren't for certain, but a husband in the bishopric knew. When I asked him he said his wife was laughing so hard because she just couldn't believe my baby pooped on someone else. Yes, I said pooped.

I'm pooped so I'm going to end this post now. :)

PS: Any idea how to make a piece offering for something like this? I was thinking cookies, but that may not be enough...

1 comment:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Oh my goodness. We have had Sundays like that. Hope you can laugh about it now. And as they say poop happens. ;)