Thursday, October 15, 2009

University of Utah Update

Kael and Grandma and Grandpa Bradley
Michael (Derek's cousin), Grandma Bradley, Aunt Lori, Kael, Grandpa Bradley, Cousin Todd

Derek has got one interview out of the way! YAY! We drove up to Draper Utah which is on the outskirts of Salt Lake City on Friday night. We stayed with Derek's sister's family that just moved up there. It was a real fun visit! On Sunday we visited Derek's Grandma and Grandpa Bradley. Kael has so many wonderful Great Grandparents! This is so neat for me to be able to introduce him to all of them! I think I have one picture with me and one set of my great grandparents when I was a baby and I want Kael to get as much time as he can!
Derek had his interview on Monday at the U. All weekend we reviewed any and all questions he might be asked in hopes that he would be prepared! I think he did a great job preparing and I think he did a GREAT job interviewing! The first interviewer was a neuro surgeon. Derek said he was all interview and no conversation, which was ok and went well. The second interviewer was a lady emergency room physician. Derek said this interview was more conversation and less interview style, which is definately more comfortable! He was able to ask 2nd year medical students questions, and recieved lots of good advice! We won't be finding out if he is accepted to the U until March because they don't do rolling admissions, so we will just have to wait and see!
Overall I think the trip was a success, however we will find out in MARCH!

No comments: