Tuesday, October 06, 2009

14 Month Kael


My baby is 14 months today! I can't believe how fast time has flown. The next time I blink he'll be starting school, so I'm going to just keep my eyes straight open from here on out! =) The little boy is getting so big!

Kael is his own person. He loves to explore new places as well as very familiar ones to get to know them better! He is always on an adventure! He loves to inspect the carpet and find little tiny specs of left over food or whatever is laying on my gross carpet. Then he eitehr tries to show it to me and get rid of it or he tries to eat it...

Kael LOVES to put rocks in his mouth. He is such a little boy! He is ALWAYS getting dirty and LOVES it. He is getting better at spitting the rocks out when mom tells him to.

Kael has said quite a few words, but then just stops after a while. He has his own language. I call it gobble dee gook... It sounds like a mixture of goblin and babble... =) He says da da ALL the time. If he ever gets hurt the best way to calm him down is to pick him up and show him a picture of his dad. He starts pointing and smiling and saying da da, and in half a second life is better because he sees his dad! They are BEST BUDS!

He said Bye for the first time just a couple of days ago when Derek was leaving for school. He waves hello and goodbye now. He says mom when he is sad, sick, or just doesn't feel good. He can also say ball, balloon, bubble, and dog.

He is learning how to sign as well. He has been able to sign dog forever now because he loves animals just like his dad. Every time we go to Derek's parents house he chases the poor dogs around and tries to cling on to them. He LOVES animals. He can also sign more and milk. We are working on more and he is really getting into it now.

He watches your baby can read, and is really doing well. He has parts memorized and starts clapping or waving before the word comes on. He gets so proud of himself he starts clapping for himself before mom or dad can. It is cute!

He is finally getting the hang of walking. Slowly but surely in his own time he will take off. He takes 3 or 4 steps here and there ALL the time and has three or four times gone about 10 steps. It has been amazing to watch and puts a smile on my face every time!

Kael LOVES food! He eats nonstop! He would constantly be shoving food in his mouth if it was right there. His favorite food is fruit right now. He loves eating grapes, apples, bananas, and his absolute favorite is strawberries like his mom. He even ate a whole grapefruit once, but after that diaper I haven't given him any since.

He is so easy to put down for a nap. I lay him in his crip and say goodnight and in a few minutes he is out. He takes 2 naps a day. One about 10 am for 30 min - 1 hr and then one at 2 pm for and hour or two. I feel VERY blessed! He is such a good baby! He goes to bed at 7 and gets up at 7.

He loves his pacifier. He can go all day without it, but not when he sleeps. If he finds it laying around though he pops it in his mouth like his mom did when she was a kid. We are working hard at keeping it in his crib so he only needs it to sleep...

Kael also loves outside time. Now that it is finally cooling off a little we spend as much time outside as possible. He is finally learning that he is not allowd in the road, however I let him crawl on the sidewalk once by me and now he starts crawling down the side walk and I really have to keep two eyes on the kid. He is always trying to escape outside now.

I find joy in this amazing boy every day! He amazes me every day! I know I'm going to love this next baby so much, but Kael will always be the first. He is going to be such a great big brother! He loves people! He loves just sitting outside watching the kids playing down the road. I'm glad we are able to have another child for him to have a friend. He is so social and I can't wait to see my children playing together.

Love you Kael! You are amazing and I'm so excited that I get to see you growing every single day!
Love, Mom

2 comments:

Jon, Janice, Kaylee, & Regan said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a fun update! We sure miss him and you guys!