Monday, October 19, 2009

First Moments

I have been thinking a lot today being home with my baby like any other day, however it is special to me.

I remembered a lot of first moments that make me laugh, smile, and want to shed a tear even...

The first moment I found out that I could be a mom I knew that I would someday have a baby in my arms and that I wanted one so badly every day from that point, and now I have Kael to hold every day.

The first moment I found out that I needed a man to have that baby I knew I wanted a husband more than anything! (Not just for the baby..)

The first moment I laid eyes on Derek I knew that he needed to be in my life. (Didn't know I would fall madly in love with him and want to spend eternity with him at this point yet, but I KNEW he needed to be in my life.)

The first moment I laid eyes on Kael I knew that I would be with him forever, and that he was the baby I dreamed about so long ago.

The moment I told Derek I would marry him was the day I knew that he was the man I dreamed about so long ago as well...

So, right now as I'm worried because Derek's flight to DC was delayed an hour and he only had a 45 min lay over before his flight to Virginia I know that worrying won't do me any good, and that he will be able to make it to his interview, I'm glad I have these wonderful memories and my beautiful baby to keep me company. I'm so grateful to Derek for wanting to be a doctor to serve people, and to provide for our family.

I'm excited for the crazy road ahead of us and I thank my Heavenly Father at night for making my dreams come true!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharice, you are one amazing woman and I am so grateful to call you my sister in law! I am so glad Derek fell in love with such a beautiful Daughter of God! We love you!

Thompson's said...

Hey, Is he interviewing at Virginia Tech? That is where Crystal is at right now. Hope he does well. Everything will work out. Kael is such a doll. I can't wait for your other one to get here!