Thursday, January 04, 2018

September

September began with Hurricane Harvey relief flooding in. We live 1 mile away from Randolph Air Force base and they set up a base for FEMA there. They shut down the south entrance and left it just for FEMA trucks so on the way home from school we would see trucks lined up along the freeway waiting to get on base. It was an amazing experience seeing all the service provided to those in need. I hope to teach our children to have a love of serving others the way the people here served during this disaster. It was truly humbling.
Mom's can play dress up too.
I am Groot.
Connor got a hair cut.
McDonald's. It's a favorite what can we say?
Went hiking at Cibolo Nature Center on September 10th. We love this hike so very much. It isn't very long and after we are done we play on a tree house and in a creek and try to catch little creatures.
 Dad was even there!



 A ginormous ant!!! A tiny little frog.








 Kael "may" have cried a little having to climb off this tree branch... It was about 3 ft off the ground. We are "slowly" working on his fear of heights... He did make it and laughed about it afterward.
 I LOVE this picture. I feel so blessed, lucky, special you name it I feel it about this boy! Derek works so hard for us each and every day. He is always studying, sending an email, on the phone (something), but he ALWAYS makes time for us. He takes us on fun adventures and all of his work he does he does for us. He makes every day happier and more fulfilling. He makes me want to be a better person each and every morning when I wake up. He helps me make and accomplish the goals I want for my life and inspires me to do better each day. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend on this earth. I love you Derek! Thank you for all you do for our family and for making me feel special each and every day.
Derek bought this small bottle of beeds on the internet. When you put them in water they grow to these water balls. We dumped the whole bottle in the tub and had a bath tub FULL of water balls. Connor decided to strip naked and get in and the kids had so much fun for a couple of days.




Connor has found a love of all things boy. He can now play in the playroom for hours destroying everything. His favorite toy is now trains, but he loves cars, blocks, legos, planes, balls. Most especially anything that goes. He is so fun and has officially become a full blown toddler boy.
He is soooo full of energy that when he sleeps he is an ANGEL.
Eden still very much enjoys dressing up Freya.
The kids decorated sugar cookies. Can you pick out Sharice's from the kids?
Kael and Eden keep advancing in their karate class. We are so proud of both of them.


 Sharice "tried" potty training Connor for about a week or two and we gave up on that.... He LOVES going pee and poo on the potty, but also loves peeing and pooing his underwear just as much...
 Toddlers in underwear are the cutest!
Elara had many celebrations for her birthday. We made matching pinata and cake and also some cupcakes we took up to Pinkston's and bought cupcakes for her school class.

Connor got to visit with his buddy/cousin Everett at Pinkston's. They are about 8 months apart and I love that they are so close in age!
 Kael is getting to learn to drive on their golf cart. The kids are spoiled rotten.
 The chickens are growing so fast and now have a chicken coop!


 In the background with Elara eating her cupcake you can see Kael's first game of Monopoly he played with Heidi and Rick. It is a special memory for us and super fun for Kael because he somehow WON. Uncle Rick sure must love Kael to take that much time to play Monopoly with him because Derek and I refused. 
Derek was working trauma nights and all the kids wanted a sleep over in Mom's room, so I couldn't refuse. I wasn't crazy enough to let them all in bed with me though, but they were happy enough on the floor with a mat... Or, they refused my cheap plastic mats actually. Little stinkers.


September is the month of Elara. She met a new friend at school who lives just across the street from us named Elia. Elara and Elia. They make quite the pair and it has been fun having a friend so close.
And the birthday celebrations began.
Cards from far away Grandma's.

Hanging out with Mom at karate.
Birthday presents!

 She asked for a kitty cat cake, and I totally think I delivered. 
I mean just look at her face. I nailed it!
She got to take two friends with her to Chuck E Cheese and it didn't disappoint. We came home for a pinata and cake and had quite a great time!
Dear Elara,
I think you have waited your whole life to turn 5! This much anticipated day was well worth the wait. It has been pure joy seeing you grow and learn new things. You are such a sweet, darling little girl who tries to do your best. You have taken on the roll to mother sweet Connor and he is so lucky to have you there for him all the time. You and Eden are best friends who play, have fun, and even sometimes fight. I love that you love your family. We love you so much Elara! Thanks for being you!
Love Always,
Mom and Dad


 And random photos of my boys because they are goofy boys.

No comments: