Monday, January 01, 2018

May Part 2

Kael has a growth on his back most days. Connor loves riding on his brother's back and Kael happily complies. Kael is loving scouts and at the end of May received his Wolf merit badge.


Eden happily took photos of the event since Kael put a pin on my shirt. Eden just loved getting to eat oranges and donuts and run around.

 Kael earned his full points for the accelerated reader program at school and got to write his name in the book of achievements and got an award.

 We love dressing up Freya.
Elara graduated Joy School! 
This group of ladies meant so much to me the last year. They became such good friends and helped me through so many difficult times during the year. It was a heaven sent that I was blessed to be directed to them. I can't even remember the contacts of how I found these ladies on facebook, but I will never forget a single one of them! They each loved Elara and their children became much needed friends for her and much needed friends for me. It truly was a joy to do school with these ladies and I am forever grateful for them. They filled a hole and will probably never know how much I needed them.
 Left to right: Allison, Erica, Susan, Emily, Adrianne, me.

Left to right: Jack, Elara, Adam, Betsy, JJ, Maeve


Kael finished his first series! It has truly been a joy watching Kael's love of learning especially reading grow each year and especially this year. My parents watched Kael and Eden once when Kael was in kindergarten and Kael was suppose to read every night for just 5-10 minutes and I remember my Mom telling me that Kael just really didn't love it, and fought having to read and to see him flying through books and laughing and loving them has brought so much joy to my heart. Derek and I both LOVE to read and enjoy it so much, and it has just been wonderful to see our children blossom and come join the journey.
This was a fun series about dragons!
We hosted our annual end of school summer bash party at our house again this year!
Being in the military it seems like it is so important to get together while you still can before people move away and also to include new families that move in to the area. Our kids have made so many friends here, but each year someone always moves away. We are so grateful for the friendships that we make and are so blessed we could celebrate with those friends!
We did our usual hot dogs, otter pops, slip n slides, and water balloons. This year we added a few games and I think the kids all approved. 






All the shenanigans wore Connor out and he passed out on the couch face down.
We got some much needed Dad time and went to Landa Park for some fun.
We were able to do some paddle boats. We learned it is best not to paddle boat in 100 degree weather though and it didn't last long. But we sure had fun riding the train and playing on the play ground watching a ton of squirrels.












No comments: