Monday, July 02, 2012

My Kael

Dearest Kael,

You are so fun! I can't wait for you to turn 4! Only one more month! You have been such a joy today.

First, when I was getting dressed you came up to me and patted my stomach, then put your face really close and then all of a sudden yelled, "Wake UP baby Elara!!!". I laughed for a good while.

I took you to get your hair trimmed and it was the first time at a salon and not Mom butchering your hair, and Aunt Shannon was unavailable as she lives far away... You were AWESOME! I wish I could have filmed it, or at least taken a picture. You held so still. You were such a big kid! The only time you would move was to brush the hair off the cape you were wearing. It was pretty funny. You wanted to impress everyone with how good you could be. We were lucky because Eden had a sucker to keep her occupied and after 10 minutes we were done and you look sooooo handsome! No more crazy long hair! Really I feel horrible for no before and after picture, but oh well.

Then, we went to the store to go shopping. You pushed your cart around all by yourself and helped me the entire time. No melt downs or anything, just a trip to the bathroom all by yourself!

You have been super excited for fireworks which makes me excited.

Then, while going to the bathroom (you still like to sit) you started scratching your little bum. Ew. So, I said, "Kael we don't scratch our bums", to which you replied, "Mom, it's itchy, I have to scratch it! Grandpa's arms are itchy and he scratches!"
Yes, Kael, but arms and bums are totally different things, especially while sitting on the toilet... I'm glad you are observant though. ;)

The coolest thing today was playing outside I convinced you to try and ride a bike without training wheels and you did it! I let go and off you went for a good 10 feet! I was so impressed! You did this 2 times before you wanted a break. Then I convinced you to try one more time and you did it two more times!!! Buddy you  got this! You are super nervous because you have to make the bike go fast to balance and you really don't like going fast, but you can do this! I'm so proud of you! Even though you were nervous you tried something new and you did it!

You aim to please! You love people so much and want to make them happy! Doing this makes you happy! I hope you don't forget this. Your natural gift to love and give is amazing and I hope to be like you one day buddy!

You take care of Eden, you protect her, you play with her, and are the best big brother! You tickled her and cuddled her after nap time and I know she knows you love her.

You are seriously one AMAZING kid!

I love you with all my heart Kael!

Love,
Mom

No comments: