Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Eden Update 28 Months Old

My dearest oldest daughter,
This face totally describes your personality right now. From the time I brought you home from the hospital you have been my stubborn child. I have written about it countless times. It's something that drives me crazy, but something that makes me love you sooooo much! Ever since February you have been taking off your diaper and going potty. You made up your mind and did it. So, I thought why not try and potty train the girl? Well, as soon as it became something that Mom wanted and not what Eden wanted you immediately asserted your independent stubborn little self and decided it was not what you wanted to do anymore. I only wanted to do it because I thought it was what you wanted. Nope, I was way wrong. We have struggled back and forth and back and forth for month. I would give up and throw in the towel and then start over a month later. Well, ever since Dad started taking the car to school I decided that maybe you really were ready. You still have been going on your own and have thought it is pretty cool. We've been stuck at home a lot, so it was the perfect time. No more distractions! And guess what? You did great on the first day and that stubborn little girl came and showed Mom who was boss. Days 2 through 4 were miserable! I wanted to throw in the towel, but Dad kept my hopes up with Elara coming and you somehow pulled through. The last 3 days have been such a change and I am so amazed by you!!! You have only had #2 accidents and knock on wood I think you might have this potty thing down! You have been so excited for your stickers, your treats and your butterfly wings! You have decided "finally" that this is what YOU want to do for you! Since this moment that you made up your mind you have been a rock star! You get so sad when you have a #2 accident and you go and hide in the corner and feel so sad. It makes me want to just hug your little self. Kael took 4 months to learn/decide to go #2 in the toilet, so I'm giving you LOTS of credit. You are doing great! You are such a champ and I am so so proud of you! I love who you are even though I want to pull my hair out sometimes, but it is YOU and YOU are AMAZING! You do hard things and you are only 2! You insist on doing everything yourself! You are always telling me, "No Mom, I do it myself!" And then proceed to get mad if I try and help. You love being a big kid like Kael, and truth be told you are a big kid like him. You are going to be a great big sister! Elara is going to be so lucky to have you. I never got to be a big sister and I always wanted to. However, looking back I have learned how hard it must be, but I know you are going to be great and when you decide it for yourself Elara is going to be the luckiest little sister ever!
Kid, you are so smart, funny, happy, stubborn, persistent, fun, and a little crazy! I LOVE YOU!
I really love you with all my heart!
Thanks for being your stubborn self! You are going to make an amazing woman because of your personality and I am so lucky to be your Mommy!
Love you little lady!
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We think that Kenna looks a little like Eden. They both have big blue eyes. We will be in SLC in a few days and want to visit Thursday or Friday. :) See you soon.