Monday, July 23, 2012

It takes a village to raise a family.

It has been kind of rough having Derek have the car every day. I'm not quite used to it and was ready to get out for a bit. We are still looking for a second car that will work for our family, but in the mean time we have been doing a lot more with our village family. This ward has been in a word, amazing. We've had so much help with car problems, baby sitters, and any little thing we might have needed including toilet paper, we have just had so much help. 
This day in July was no different. I realized how much I like to get out with the kids and not be stuck in the house. After talking to some of the other Mom's we got car pool rides to the free swim day for the village and got several families to the pool and we got a free car ride and a fun day hanging out with friends swimming! I'm so grateful to live here in the village and to have so many people watching out for me and my family. The saying is true that it takes a village to raise a family. We feel so blessed!




No comments: